FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Query

WiliamHurts
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I upgraded my father, who is 88 and cannot do it himself, from 'normal/slow' to fibre35 today. I look at the order online and under the 'Ordered Products' category it says he has ordered the TV part. This, we (I) did not order as he has Freesat with his own recorder.

Please advise on getting rid of that part.

Also, he has one main socket so I assume that fibre with be ok if he uses, as he does now, a micro-filter. 

Regards.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi WiliamHurts

If you give our loyalty team a call as advised they can cancel the TV aspect of the service for you.

Please let me know if they have done this for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4
It’s a bloody joke this that you have to waste time ringing here there and everywhere to get this TV part off an order that you never asked for. We ALL KNOW WHY it’s like this....................get fed up and leave it on and pay for it.................shoddy practise!
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

It's an unbelievable nuisance that Talktalk does this by default for online renewals, @WiliamHurts.

No idea why they haven't yet sorted this out as it's been going on for far too long....

Not sure how they have managed to get away with this legally. 

You need to get rid of it by ringing 03451 720046 or 03451 720088, after 9am, Monday to Saturday, or use Chat. Chat shows with a blue background banner when available:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Make sure that you point out that you didn't want it for your father in the first place, and it wasn't possible to remove it from the order.

Make sure that they promise no breakage fee for doing this.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.