FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage at the Aldershot exchange?

Happyhippy
Whizz Kid
Message 24 of 24

Hello there,

Fo the last 48 hours speeds have dropped from high 30's to low 3's on download and 9's to 3+ on upload - see attached.

I would be very grateful if someone could investigate this sudden and unwelcome event.

Thank you

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi Happyhippy

The next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Hi Happyhippy

Thanks for your reply.

I've passed this fault over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Yes, Michelle, it's still connected to the test socket and voice service is fine.

Over to you...

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 24

Hi Happyhippy,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Is the router still connected to the test socket? Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line?

As soon as we've confirmed this then we'll pass this straight over for investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

It's gone again!

It took until 15 March to get optimum speeds... 37 down & 9 up, which had been the best it ever had been,  but suddenly this morning, 24 March, it has dropped to 4 down and .8 up.

Please could someone 'work their magic' again?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi Happyhippy,

Thanks for bumping your thread. I've now received an update to advise that the fault has been passed to BTOR for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

BUMP

Hello Michelle,

Time now 2130hrs

Nothing heard from your 'network' team.

Snapshot of last 9 hours performance attached...

Speeds  at 2123 hrs 27Feb19.JPG

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 24

Hi Happyhippy,

Thanks for confirming this. I've passed the intermittent connection and drop in speed over to our Network Team now. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check for an update for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

It is...

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

Hi Happyhippy,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test which has detected a potential fault and the connection looks very unstable. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service at the moment?

Is the router also still connected at the test socket? As soon as we've confirmed this then we can pass this straight over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hello Michelle,

Things stabilised at 32Mbps till 23 Feb, which was acceptable but dropped to 30Mbps on 25 and yesterday, 26 Feb, started out at 26Mpbs then connection lost for 20 minutes before returning at 3Mbps where it is now...  I took a screenshot of recent history which is attached.

Please could you work your 'magic'.

ThanksSpeeds 23 to 27 Feb 19.JPG

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Hi Happyhippy,

Just to confirm, is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment and I'll pass this over to our Network Team now?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Thanks, Michelle for the guide.

I have followed the instructions, taking speed tests before/after and back again and there is no perceptible difference.  The three green lights on the right hand side of the router (internet/wireless & ethernet) continue to blink on and off, which had not been the case before the problems appeared last week.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Hi Happyhippy,

Apologies for the confusion. If the master socket does have a test socket then it would be worth testing the router at the test socket to rule this out. I've included a Help Article below.

Your guide to master sockets

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

A repeat of what I asked on Friday afternoon... 

Sorry Debbie, but I don't understand what you are getting at.  Nothing has changed in the wiring/ connection configuration inside the house either before, or after the performance degradation.  I did disconnect the power (for not more than a minute) to the router in an attempt to 'kickstart' the link.

The socket is an 'Openreach MK3', fitted by an OpenReach engineer over a year ago when there last were problems. He wired everything up... from the BT cable into the house, through to the positioning of the router. The cable to the router occupies the top slot;  The lower slot links to a 'snail phone' apparatus.

Is this any help?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Hi Happyhippy 

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is showing in sync at 33.2mb

The line test is still showing a possible issue. I think we should raise this over to our Network Team for investigation. Would it be possible to connect the router directly at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Debbie,

It's running at 80% of it's former level.... 30/31mps down, 7mps up... (against 37+mps and 9+ .)

However the 'fluency' is not quite there.... It 'stutters'.

Are these limitations able to be ironed out? 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Hi Happyhippy

Apologies for the delay.

Has the speed been ok since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Debbie, some good news I hope!

The slow connection ground to a halt for 20 minutes earlier today.... BUT when it came alive again speeds were back to where they were 96 hours ago.

Hopefully all is well that ends well.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24
Sorry Debbie, but I don't understand what you are getting at.  Nothing has changed in the wiring/ connection configuration inside the house either before, or after the performance degradation.  I did disconnect the power (for not more than a minute) to the router in an attempt to 'kickstart' the link.

The Router is an 'Openreach MK3', fitted by an OpenReach engineer over a year ago when there last were problems. He wired everything up... from the BT cable into the house, through to the positioning of the router. The cable to the router occupies the top slot;  The lower slot links to a 'snail phone' apparatus.

Is this any help?
0 Likes