FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POOR UPLOAD SPEEDS / PACKET LOSS

khapunkap
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi - looking for some help and getting desperate. I have been experiencing low upload speeds (less that 1mbs) and 30% packet loss on my line for about 2months. I have spent 6 hours on the talk talk chat facility and been told to purchase wi-fi extenders constantly and even been sent a phone filter for my line . i have had two openreach engineers out - the first one  was free as he said it was a problem on the line as we were experiencing chronic packet loss  and needed to be dealt with at the exchange. Nothing changed after his visit. The second engineer (which i had to pay for) came and said that we were getting 20mbs into the property. i have bought a new router which monitors the performance and again it is saying that the upload speeds are less that 1 and packet loss is between 25 -30%. The only internal thing i have not replaced is the ethernet between telephone socket and the router but i don’t think this has perished as protected under our carpet. i am considering replacing this to prove that it is nothing internal to my property that is causing this. 

Has anyone else had this issue and do you have any other suggestions. 2 engineers have not resolved it and despite being on the fibre65 package the upload speeds are poor. Download speeds are great.

Not getting much support from the chat facility apart from selling me stuff. The micro filter that i was sent and told to fit was a waste of time according to openreach as i have one built into socket. I was sent this despite sending a photo of the socket. 

Any advice greatly received.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

How are you getting on, do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks 🙂

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 3

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes