FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5 PSN NAT Fails

Ivan_
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

PS5 has stopped being able to connect to the PSN this week. Connection reports NAT fails. Called TalkTalk support and they its nothing to do with them. It connects fine when over phone mobile hotspot or if we take it to a friends who uses another provider. Anyone else had this? Would appreciate the feedback. Thanks in advance.

Ivan
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 6

That is not a standard router make/model, it means nothing. I know it is all working now, but for information, the two current WiFi hubs are:-

• Sagemcom FAST5364
  • Huawei DG8041W

There is a label on the back, behind the pull-up plastic panel that will identify it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks. One of the new superouters. (SM-G960F). Turning the router off for 30 mins didnt work. Hard resetting (by holding the reset button in for 30 sec) Did work. Can now use WhatsApp, PSN, Speedtest, VPN etc. All the things that didn't. Although they did send someone from openreach out to fix a problem with the junction box outside my house because a line test identified an issue but that wasn't my connection problem. All good now. Lesson learned:.Hard reset not just power off. 

Ivan
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

What router/firmware do you have?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thanks Keith. Yes, did that. Have never had to before last week and have been using the PSN for years. Didn't work. Also cant make WhatsApp video calls in or out. Possibly doesnt suddenly like end to end encrypted traffic. Also struggling with android ProtonVPN client. 

Ivan
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Have you setup whatever port forwarding that you require in the router? Has your router's WAN IP (public IP) address changed?

Keith

0 Likes