FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss

Archie Headland
Participant
Message 39 of 39

Hi, we are currently experiencing packet loss issues with our Talk Talk WiFi. We've tried packet loss tests on multiple devices with different methods of connection (Ethernet and WiFi), but we still experience from 2-15% packet loss on every test on every device. As I play online games it's very disruptive and causes issues such as rubber banding. Latency is fine around 11ms and download and upload speeds are perfect. The only issue seems to be packet loss. Any help would be appreciated.

AGHeadland
0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

Hi Archie,

How are you getting on, have or Network Team contacted you?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 39

I would just get off their shoddy network. LEAVE asap Mate

Josh
0 Likes

Message 3 of 39

Hi Archie,

Apologies for the delay, I've asked our network team for an update, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Archie Headland
Participant
Message 4 of 39

Hi, 
Is there anyway we can speed this process up, It's been 2 and a half weeks and I've had no improvement. It's really becoming an issue now. Would leaving talk talk fix this packet loss issue? The engineer found no internal issues so I'm certain its nothing to do with my end. 

AGHeadland
0 Likes

Message 5 of 39

Hi Archie,

I have been having the EXACT same issue now for 3 weeks. I have had open reach come out twice and change the fibre ports and if you check my profile/latest post you can clearly see NOTHING has been fixed. I strongly suggest you leave Talk Talk. I am leaving as of 30th of July (THANK GOD!!!!) The support team on here have been excellent but unfortuntely talk talk have not. I have had 3 routers sent out too me, two openreach engineers and one talk talk engineer and I am STILL having these issues....If not worse!! Please RUN from talk talk

Josh
0 Likes

Message 6 of 39
0 Likes

Message 7 of 39

Okay thanks

AGHeadland
0 Likes

Message 8 of 39

Hi Archie,

I've asked our network team to take a look at this, we'll let you know when we receive an update or they may contact you directly 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 39

Yes I have both Sagemcom hub and the Huawei WiFi hub and tested them both and they both give the same packet loss. There hasn't been any improvements since the DLM was reset.

AGHeadland
0 Likes

Message 10 of 39

Hi Archie Headland

I'm sorry to hear this.

The engineer we arranged was a BB engineer.

Can I just check, have you tested with both the Huawei WIFI hub and Sagemcom hub?

Have there been any improvements at all since the engineer fixed the errors and reset DLM?

Thanks

0 Likes

Archie Headland
Participant
Message 11 of 39

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk
The engineer came round and unfortunately it didn't help resolve the packet loss. He reset the DLM and that fixed some minor errors that he detected at the master socket. Thought it didn't help fix my packet loss. He said there was an error in the local area that could be affecting us, but its not confirmed. He also recommended asking for a broadband engineer, as he wasn't familiar with what packet loss even was so I'm not sure he really understood what the issue is. Overall, I still need help fixing this packet loss. 

AGHeadland
0 Likes

Message 12 of 39
0 Likes

Message 13 of 39

Okay thanks I'll let you know how it goes.

AGHeadland
0 Likes

Message 14 of 39

Hi Archie Headland

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have arranged the Openreach engineer visit for 15/07 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 39

Hi Archie Headland

I can arrange the engineer visit for you.

In regards to potential engineer charges, more information be found here Engineer charges

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 39

Hi, @Karl-TalkTalk. Yes I do want to proceed, an engineer would be great. Would it be free to have the engineer come around.

AGHeadland
0 Likes

Message 17 of 39

Hi

All tests are clear so nothing obvious stands out.

I've pulled the DLM logs for the last 72hours and these are showing errored seconds at all times (every 15 minutes)

An engineer can be arranged for you, would you like to proceed with this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 18 of 39

Wired Ping Test:
Ping statistics for 172.217.169.35:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 18ms, Maximum = 20ms, Average = 18ms
Wired Trace Route test:

Tracing route to google.co.uk [172.217.169.35]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms ttrouter.lan [192.168.1.1]
2 10 ms 10 ms 18 ms ae50-ner001.msp.as13285.net [78.144.1.33]
3 11 ms 10 ms 12 ms ae50-scr001-msp.as13285.net [78.144.1.32]
4 * 18 ms 15 ms ae63-scr102.thw.as13285.net [78.144.1.128]
5 16 ms 16 ms 16 ms 74.125.51.110
6 17 ms 16 ms 22 ms 216.239.40.81
7 18 ms 20 ms 17 ms 172.253.66.87
8 16 ms 17 ms 20 ms lhr48s08-in-f3.1e100.net [172.217.169.35] @Michelle-TalkTalk 

AGHeadland
0 Likes

Message 19 of 39

Hi Archie,

Thanks. I can't copy your image, would it be possible to post the results as plain text please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Archie Headland
Participant
Message 20 of 39

@Michelle-TalkTalk 
Wired ping tests: 

ArchieHeadland_0-1625835936351.png

ArchieHeadland_2-1625836178282.png

Wired trace route test:

ArchieHeadland_1-1625836001330.png

AGHeadland