FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying too much.

Mr Bear 1
Whizz Kid
Message 13 of 13

I'm well out of contract so paying far too much for an admittedly adequately fast and reliable ADSL connection. If I go to My Account the only offer available is an 18 month ADSL contract at £32/month. On the Uswitch website I'm offered TalkTalk's Fibre 35 with phone line for £21/month. Will TalkTalk's loyalty team match this or do I need to go via Uswitch? I do need a phone line for incoming calls but rarely use it otherwise.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13
0 Likes

Mr Bear 1
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 13

Thanks Arne. The email giving the date came in after my last post.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Mr Bear 1

Glad you got this sorted,  just to confirm the go live date is showing as the 18th November. 

Regards

0 Likes

Mr Bear 1
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 13

At the third attempt the online chat found me someone to help. Final result is £21/month for Fibre35 with an acceptable minmum guaranteed speed (with Fibre65 barely faster). Any extras I need can be sorted via My Account. No go-live date yet but presumably I'll be emailed at some stage.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 13

Call centre staff are not in a position to contact you by email. Try Live chat, neither party has to worry about accents and you can see what's on offer in writing. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Mr Bear 1
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 13

The problem was that I couldn't understand what she was saying as her English was heavily accented. I had to ask her to spell out the address concerns@talktalkplc.com to make sure I had it correctly. Had she been able to email me details of what she was recommending then the problem wouldn't have arisen.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 13

I am not sure I understand the problem? The loyalty team can tailor offers for you, specifically excluding any extras you don't want. It is up to you whether to accept the deal on offer, or not. If you do agree, then you have a 20 day cooling off period if you change your mind. 

0 Likes

Mr Bear 1
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 13

I tried calling the loyalty team and it was a disappointing experience. I spoke with a woman who's English I found hard to understand so I was never sure exactly what she was saying. She couldn't email me with details of the plans she was recommending (why on earth not?) so she directed me to the TalkTalk website where I was able to view what was on offer (a change from yesterday when nothing showed up) but unable to remove either the £4 TV extra or the £14 Entertainment extra. I am well and truly unimpressed.

Message 9 of 13

Hi Mr Bear 1,

Offers do change from time to time, our Loyalty Team will be more than happy to discuss what plans and discounts are available for you. You can reach them on 0345 172 0046 between 9am and 7pm, Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm Saturday and 10am - 6pm Sunday.

Thanks, 

Jo

ferguson
Community Star
Message 10 of 13

TalkTalk have just launched their Black Friday deals which include Fibre 35 from £21 a month. As @Gliwmaeden2 said, your best bet is to contact the customer loyalty team directly, if you tell them that you are looking elsewhere then I am sure they will do their best to persuade you otherwise!  🙂

Mr Bear 1
Whizz Kid
Message 11 of 13

Today's Uswitch offers are completely different to yesterdays but do include FTTC from multiple providers. TalkTalk no longer appears, with Vodafone and Plusnet being the best-looking offers from companies I've heard of.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Check that Fibre to the cabinet is available for your line, @Mr Bear 1.

Try chat or phone 03451 720046 from 9am - 7pm weekdays  or till 6pm Saturday. 

If need be, haggle!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.