FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone master socket point not near a power socket

JFBed
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

Would anyone be able to confirm if I can just get a longer DSL lead so that the hub/router can sit next to a power socket, with the long DSL lead running to the phone master socket? Will this cause any issues, and should TalkTalk supply a longer lead, or should I buy one separately?

Thanks!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Great, thank you very much for your help @martswain!

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Yes, leave the filter where it is and use your new extension cable from there to wherever you have the router.

Message 3 of 7

Thanks @martswain. I only have a master point with one slot, which the filter box is plugged into.

Could I replace the DSL line that runs from the hub/router into the filter box with a longer DSL wire?

That way the filter box would stay at the master point, but the hub/router could be sat nearer a power socket.

Cheers!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

If you have a master socket that has two slots, then the required filter is incorporated in that hardware.

Just plug your new extension cable into the DSL slot.

Message 5 of 7

Thanks @martswain 

By keeping the filter at the master point, you mean the box that the DSL line runs into, which also has a slot for a phone set to connect to? Could I put a 15m DSL cable into this filter box, so the filter stays at the master point, but the cable can then run up to the hub/router?

Thanks!

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 7

I am running a 15 m DSL extension with no loss of speed.

If you have a Master Socket with only one slot and a dangly microfilter, do not use a normal phone extension, keep the filter at the Master Socket.

TT do not supply cables, you'll need to buy one.