FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoneline socket

catriona87
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I have just ordere fibre broadband but my phone socket is unusable will the installation guy be able to sort this or do I need to sort it prior?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 1 of 4

Hi @catriona87,

When the Openreach engineer goes to the street cabinet to enable your Fibre 65 service they will run a test to ensure the service is being delivered to your master phone socket. So if that socket is functional and all of the connections inside it are ok then the Openreach engineer is likely to think that everything is working fine and they will not actually come to your property at all (unless you have already specifically been told an Openreach engineer is going to have to come to your property on the day).

But if you have not be specifically told that an Openreach engineer is coming to your property on the day, and it is your master socket (i.e. the first socket that the phone line goes to when it comes into the house) that needs work, then it would be worth making TalkTalk aware that work is likely to be needed on your master phone socket (Openreach are only responsible for the master socket, not any extension sockets you may have). You could try the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 during opening hours.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

I've ordered fibre 65, the phone socket has never been used the previous tenants painted over the holes, my current broadband is through virgin fibre optic

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @catriona87,

What product have you ordered (Fibre 35, Fibre 65 etc.)

What do you mean by 'unusable', is it broken / damaged, or just needs moving to a different location ?

Is a phone / broadband service currently being supplied on that socket from a different provider, and you are moving from them to TalkTalk ?

0 Likes