FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Turn off Wifi Optimisation

TariqS
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 8

Hello.

As per the above title, please can you turn off Cloudcheck (and any other optimisations on this router) so that I have full control over wifi etc.

I have been playing around with modems/routers for many years and like to optimise settings myself. In this instance, I have been trying to set the 5GHz wifi to channel 56 but it keeps resetting to a very crowded 44; this is the difference between 20-30Mbits/s and 10-20Bits/s.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi TariqS

Would you like me to send a different router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Sorry, Debbie. Just found your message in spam! Dumb Yahoo Mail.

I only have wireless connections; I should really test using a wired one but as it's an unpredictable problem, it would be difficult to capture.

Still... Watch this space! 🤓

Message 3 of 8

Hi Tariq

Thanks for your reply.

Is this only affecting the wireless connection?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Reporting back...

Speeds are now much better and I don't unexpectedly lose connection from the router switching channels on its own.

Nevertheless, something else seems to be kicking me off the internet periodically and I'm not sure what that is and whether it's an internal or external factor. So still monitoring... 🙁

Tariq

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi TariqS

Thank you 🙂

The channels should now remain on the ones you have chosen.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thank you kindly, Debbie.

Will tell you how it goes. 😃

Note: it does take a long time, compared to my previous routers, for the Sagem to switch channels and come back online. 🤔

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi TariqS

The WIFI optimisation has now been switched off, please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes