FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please disable WiFi optimisation on my Sagemcom Fast 5364 (again)

alanl8
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

Since the firmware on my Sagemcom Fast 5364 was upgraded to SG4K100136, it appears that the WiFi optimisation feature has been re-enabled on my account (this was previously disabled in July 2020) as the automatically selected channels (2.4GHz: 1 and 5GHz: 36) are congested in my location and I need to manually select alternative channels (as per my previous post: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Sagemcom-Fast-5364-channel-hopping/m-p/2595122#M281083)

Since the firmware upgrade, the router keeps resetting back to 1 and 36, with logged messages such as: "Channel: (6/1) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated", usually within a few minutes of me manually setting the WiFi channels.

Please can one of the OCEs disable the WiFi optimisation feature on my account again, to stop the automated channel hopping?

Much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

alanl8
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl, just to confirm that the channels haven't changed since I set them yesterday, so it looks like that's resolved the issue.  Thanks again for your help!

Message 3 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

alanl8
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Karl!

So far it's stayed with the channels I've manually set, so hopefully that's sorted it but I'll report back after 24 hours, to confirm that it's resolved.

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Wifi Optimisation should now be off.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips