FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help dropping connect for around 2 years

Sophkent
Visitor
Message 6 of 6

We have had issues with our fibre broadband for a long time now we've tried everything even plugging the router into the master socket, changed the filter several times, changed the server, reset the router I've tried everything I can when I ring up my internet isn't working so I got an engineer out but by the time he comes it's working and he says there is nothing wrong when he goes it does the same exact thing. Even our devices are getting error messages because the connection is not consistent it drops repeatedly through the day. My son's are big on gaming so you can imagine the issues they are having it's been so frustrating but the person I spoke to last said he believes I needed a new router but needed an engineer to confirm but as I explained it works when someone comes 🤦 please can I have a new router pleaaaaaseee! 🙏 I'm litterally at my Witt's end I've been trying to live with it but it's becoming frustrating I'm paying full price for a service I'm not receiving the connection I'm getting is not ft for purpose for a long time.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Sophkent

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I have ordered you a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this  router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Sophkent
Visitor
Message 2 of 6

I'm finding as time goes on its getting worse too it's like it's slowly giving up working it's a pain 🤦 I've had the router for many years since I joined talk talk maybe like 4/5 years ago.

0 Likes

Sophkent
Visitor
Message 3 of 6

I've added my details to my profile now 🙂

The broadband light drops off and tries to connect repeatedly turns red goes off and repeats until it allows it to connect sometimes it's off for hours at a time it's frustrating when you need it. I have tried turning it on and off again too 😔 I did a few things the technical teams at talk talk suggested too none resolved the issue. wired and wireless connections have the same problem sadly 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi Sophkent

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Sorry to hear you've had long time with this.

Firstly what Hub do you have and What colour is the indicator light when you experience a drop? And does this affect both wireless and wired devices alike?

Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!