FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please stop changing my router channel

jonnyp2
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

When I change my router channel to 1 to fix connection issues I'm having, it changes it back to channel 6 the next day.

As I understand it, there's some TalkTalk optimisation automation that does this.

Can this please be disabled for my router? As it's clearly not working properly in this instance, and it's instead reconfiguring it to a channel where I'm experiencing frequent drop-outs.

Thank you.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi jonnyp2

Thank you 🙂

I have switched off the WIFI optimisation, please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Debbie

Message 2 of 8

@Debbie-TalkTalk Thanks for getting back to me. I've just added my landline number to my profile.

Message 3 of 8

Hi jonnyp2

Apologies for this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Yes, I can confirm it's a very recent Sagemcom WiFi Hub. I have definitely set the channel to manual rather than auto, and I'm definitely saving the changes because I can logout, then back log back into the router and the channel will be the one I set it at. It then changes randomly later on of its own accord.

Thanks for your help. I'll wait to hear from the support team.

Message 5 of 8

@jonnyp2 if you have the Sagemcom HUB, you need to get the forum staff to turn off the "WiFi optimisation" feature which overrides anything you do yourself.

@Horseman 1 if the OP has the Sagemcom HUB, it's not about forgetting to save a change, it's an annoying system feature that doesn't work quite as it should for many people.

Message 6 of 8

@jonnyp2 If you can confirm that you have the Sagemcom WiFi Hub and that the channels are resetting regardless of being set to Manual rather than Auto then the support team here can disable this feature for you remotely. Bear in mind that they won’t be back online until Monday and it may take a day or two after that for them to respond.

Horseman 1
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 8
Are you saving the changes or it will go back to original channel.
0 Likes