FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Download Speed below Guaranteed Minimum But TT are reporting it as "Good"

T_Langley
Team Player
Message 18 of 19

My download speed is being tested as 12 and below. I signed up in December '15 with a guaranteed minimum speed of 13.

My latest email dated April '21 said this - "You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 18.0Mbps and 34.7Mbps with a minimum guaranteed speed of 13.1Mbps."

I spent over an hour on chat last night and got to the point where I was asked to take the front off the Openreach NTE5C Mk4 socket and plug a microfilter. 

Today I've located the microfilter supplied with the router and having taken the front off the Master box (fitted by Openenreach in December '19) plugged the filter in and the download speed remains the same at 12 but the upload speed has doubled from 2 to 4.

The chat people are trying to tell me that my "point of sale speed" is 12.2 when my contract says otherwise.

I appear to be getting nowhere. Is there any other way forward with this?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19
Thanks for your help. It's greatly appreciated.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hello,

I've raised this now and have requested that you are contacted by our tech complaints team as soon as possible.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19
Yes please. I registered a complaint earlier with the chat desk people when it was clear that I making no headway with them they gave me reference number of CMP-127562 with a number to call them of 0345 1720088. When I rang it I spoke to a call centre person with exactly the same replies as the chat people and therefore of no help whatsoever.
I do hope that your manager can resolve this.

Many thanks
0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi T_Langley

Would you like me to raise a complaint so this can be discussed with a Complaints Manager?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19
Yes, I have the transcripts of thabiso on the 18th of June from 10:28 - 12:53 who said "I can see that your broadband speed to your router is now working well, with no problems on the line Mr Langley. The connection is steady, with a speed of 20.8 Mbps versus the point of sale speed of 12.2 Mbps."

and "That is great Mr Langley. The test results reveal that your throughput speed is more than the minimum promised speed of your service. You reached 12.6 MB, while your promised minimum speed is 12.2 MB from the test I have just ran. "
and "Your connection appears to be steady, with a speed of 20.8Mbps and a point of sale of 12.2Mbps. You are now connected to our current router, the Huawei HG633. "

and ncamisile on the 17th from 16:29 to 18:41 said "Thank you for bringing that to my attention Anthony.I can see that your broadband speed to your router is performing as it should with no issues showing on the line.The connection is stable with a speed of 21.2 Mbps - compared to the point of sale speed of 12.2 Mbps."
and "Anthony the connection is stable with a speed of 21.2 Mbps the point of sale speed of 12.2 Mbps so you are getting more than the point of sale speed however we shall proceed with diagnostics"

All of this in the face of my own insistence that it is contradictory to my stated contractual information.
This is hugely frustrating and to wait until further issues before investigating is not a resolution to my complaint.

To resolve my complaint over this I'd like to have this disparity of information cleared up - after all how can two agents of the same organisation presumably accessing the same database return two different and disparate results?
Also, in order to resolve this I'd like to receive an official notification that I can use to get through to your other agents which is a clear and verifiable contractual standard of performance with regard to my download speed.
I don't see how this is asking too much as it is a basic contractual requirement in any case.

Thank you in anticipation
0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi T_Langley

Apologies again for this and I will feed this back.

Were you advised by different agents about the speed being 12.2mb? 

If you do experience any further issues then please post on the Community and we can investigate this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19
Well, yes. Your advice cured the problem. It's now giving me just over 19Mbps which to honest is not good anyway but I appear to have no present alternative than to lump it.
I spent over 3 hours on the chat help trying to resolve this and not once did they advise a 30 minute switch off. Their responses were grindingly slow, repetitive and so useless as to be unfit for purpose. This frustrating process was exacerbated by their blind insistence that the loss of speed from 19 to 8,9,10 and maxing out at 12.7 was acceptable.
My issue, though, is that they relentlessly kept quoting a "point of sale' speed of 12.2 and telling me that 12.7 was therefore optimum. I've never come across that term and it is patently untrue and I don't wish to repeat this the next time a problem manifests.
So, how can this be resolved? It's ok you saying the system is saying 15.6 but this is being gainsaid by the chat deskers and this is not acceptable.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi T_Langley

Apologies, I'm not sure why you were advised of this speed.

This is the speed that I have showing on the system. Has the speed improved since the router was powered down for 30 minutes?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19
Hi - thank you for that. Can I just say then that that's odd as the email I received at the renewal point of my contract in April this year said, and I quote, "You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 18.0Mbps and 34.7Mbps with a minimum guaranteed speed of 13.1Mbps."

The chat help person I spoke to last week repeatedly said my minimum download guaranteed speed was 12.2 - he and the next one would neither waver nor address the discrepancy between my quoted contractual figure of 13.1. As such they maintained that the 12.7 I was getting at the time was, in their eyes, adequate.
This is the root cause of my frustration.
You've given a different minimum figure of 15.6 which, albeit is an improvement, isn't reassuring if your chat help desk insist on quoting 12.2. So I'd be grateful if you tell me what the answer is to this?
0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi T_Langley

Thanks for confirming your details.

I've checked the and predicted speed range is showing between 19.3 and 17.3mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 15.6mb.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi T_Langley

I have sent you another Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19
Thank you - I've done that.

Message 13 of 19

Hi T_Langley

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19
Hi Debbie - I switched off for 30mins plus and rebooted to get a speed of 19Mbs. This is satisfactory and in line with what I'm expecting. Certainly a lot better than 12. This appears to have, at least for time being, resolved the issue.
Thank you so much, I've spent 3 hours on the chat line help without reaching this point.
My only outstanding issue is that my guaranteed download speed according to my current contract and evidenced by this extract from my confirmation email "You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 18.0Mbps and 34.7Mbps with a minimum guaranteed speed of 13.1Mbps."
However the chat helpers incessantly and relentlessly kept quoting a "point of sale" figure of 12.2 as being acceptable and as I was receiving 12.7 everything was fine.
I've never had 12.2 "point of sale" value quoted to me before and so it looks as if TT are trying to alter the goal posts. If this is the case I'd like to say that I did not sign up to a minumum guaranteed speed of 12.2mbs at any point so could you clarify what is happening here?
0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi T_Langley

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19
Hi thank you for your help - I'll do that now

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 19

Hi T_Langley

I've checked the connection stats and your line is showing in sync at 21.3mb.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

T_Langley
Team Player
Message 19 of 19

My download speed is being tested as 12 and below. I signed up in December '15 with a guaranteed minimum speed of 13.

My latest email dated April '21 said this - "You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 18.0Mbps and 34.7Mbps with a minimum guaranteed speed of 13.1Mbps."

I spent over an hour on chat last night and got to the point where I was asked to take the front off the Openreach NTE5C Mk4 socket and plug a microfilter. 

Today I've located the microfilter supplied with the router and having taken the front off the Master box (fitted by Openenreach in December '19) plugged the filter in and the download speed remains the same at 12 but the upload speed has doubled from 2 to 4.

The chat people are trying to tell me that my "point of sale speed" is 12.2 when my contract says otherwise.

I appear to be getting nowhere. Is there any other way forward with this?

0 Likes