FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Fibre Connection Speeds

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 31 of 31

Hi OCE

I am a new talktalk customer, and cant seem to get the speed I was able to get with my previous supplier.  Nothing has really changed here except for the ISP and the router, and im only getting 19 - 20meg!

If OCE (is that talktalk staff?) could look at this for me please, and could any other users recommend a decent router, that i could get to change to, it would be appreciated.

thanks

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

Hi @nohumour 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

nohumour
First Timer
Message 2 of 31

Hi All

Only had Fibre Broadban installed today, converter from standard broadband. Fire speed is slower that the old broadband.

Not happy at all I am getting 12.3 Mbps !!!!!

Wll be cancelling order if not improved.

Any advice?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 31

Hi TechnicalMarvel,

We've been advised that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit so I've sent you a Private Message to confirm some details.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Private Message (PM) only.

Thanks

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 31

well we've reached a new low!  bloody appauling!  I will be taking this to Ofcom unless its sorted out!  I have been paying for this service, and not getting what i should, enough is enough!
latest test result!latest test result!

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 31

Hi TechnicalMarvel,

Thank you. I've passed the slow throughput speeds over to our Network Team now, If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check for an update on Monday for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 31

screenshot2.jpgand again

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 31

test.jpgscreengrab from tt.care

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 31
ran another one just now from the same tt.care place. comes up at 22.8! If nothing can be resolved i'd rather just leave talktalk. Im running these tests from the specified tt.care site as requested and theyre not even showing up on your end! running it again shows up 23.7

0 Likes

Message 9 of 31

Hi TechnicalMarvel,

I can only see the one recent speed test on the 12th which was 27.9Mbps - could you try a couple more speed test on the My Account speed checker

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 31
another speed test, another rubbish result! 19.4 now! So many people reporting a drop in speed as soon as they move to talk talk! Its a joke! Still using wired connection.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 31

Hi TechnicalMarvel,

I'm sorry for the delay. I can only see 1 recent speed test, could you run a few more wired speed tests and we can pass this over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 31
sorry its taken so long to reply. Ive started a new job. No matter when i run the test its the exact same result!
0 Likes

Message 13 of 31

Hi TechnicalMarvel,

Could you try three more speed tests at different times of day, on the My Account speed checker and could you switch off any other devices that access the internet while you run the tests. If there's no improvement in speed I'll ask our network team to take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 31
it was a wired connection.
0 Likes

Message 15 of 31

Hi TechnicalMarvel,

Thanks, the results look ok apart from the slightly high ping to the router. Did you run this test wired or wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 16 of 31
ping was
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 14ms, Average = 9ms

traceroute was
1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms host-78-151-238-65.as13285.net [78.151.238.65]
4 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms host-78-151-238-68.as13285.net [78.151.238.68]
5 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms host-78-144-14-112.as13285.net [78.144.14.112]
6 9 ms 14 ms 8 ms 72.14.208.22
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 10 ms 9 ms 12 ms 108.170.233.232
9 8 ms 10 ms 12 ms 108.170.234.161
10 9 ms 8 ms 7 ms lhr35s02-in-f3.1e100.net [172.217.23.35]
0 Likes

Message 17 of 31

Hi TechnicalMarvel

There isn't a minimum guaranteed speed for your area. Customers are provided with a minimum guaranteed speed at point of sale.

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 18 of 31
ok, and how would I do that exactly? and since my question about mglas has been edited out, i'll ask again. What is the MGLAS (Minimum Guaranteed LIne Access Speed) for my area please.
0 Likes

Message 19 of 31

Hi

Nothing stands out here.

Can you run a ping and traceroute from a wired device so we can look and see if they show any increased hop times.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 20 of 31
Neither. I had the new 'super router' made by Sagem, but I am now using my own router which is a Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 and the exact same result
0 Likes