FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Internet speed

jchambers
Participant
Message 9 of 9

Very slow Internet speed, This keeps happening and I'm not happy, I'm getting well below the guaranteed minimum speed. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi jchambers

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

jchambers
Participant
Message 2 of 9

Hello 

Yes please, someone will be home Thursday and Friday this week

Thank you 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi jchambers

Thanks for your reply.

The line test is still detecting a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9
Yep done please run test.
Thanks

Message 5 of 9

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router back at the test socket please so we can re-run the line test in this set up?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9
Hello

We don't use the telephone and don't have 1 to plug in and check.
Yes it's dose, I know this because every time I have slow Internet talk talk ask me.
Please advise

Thanks
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi jchambers,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as no dial tone or any noise on the line? Does your main socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

@jchambers, staff will be back tomorrow, so please look out for a reply during the week. 

Looking back at the previous threads you have posted over the past year, they have all been left dangling with a post from an OCE that could have done with being followed up. 

It's probably worth looking back through these to check where you got to on the previous occasions. It's important to follow up after the staff post, as otherwise the issue drops out of the workflow and may never be properly resolved. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.