FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Upload speed & dropping packets

cwponty
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

Hi all, I've had poor upload speed since yesterday (30th), only getting an unstable 1-4mbps out of the 19mbps total and 1% packet loss, I've tried multiple reboots and swapped out the filter but there's been no change, router management isn't showing any issues but wired and wireless tests on multiple devices are all showing low upload & dropped packets. Any chance of a router check & line test on your end? Thanks all

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

Thanks for letting us know. This does sound more postive.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

cwponty
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 11

FINALLY it all seems to have stabilised. Download speed consistently outputting at 68-70 on wired, bandwidth is still a little weak when multiple devices are actively doing something a bit intensive but that should sort itself out with time. I pray I never have to deal with performance issues that bad ever again, my 50GB download from Tuesday has made more progress in the last 15 minutes than it had in 4 days. I hope everyone else having the same issue also has their speed back.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Morning,

Apologies for the confusion, I meant is your connection also dropping out/losing connection? Does your main socket have a test socket? Do you also have an alternative router that you could test with please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Yes, connection speed has dropped significantly, sitting around 5mbps. Wired speed tests done though the page keeps logging me out so I don't know if you can see them on your end so I've attached the most recent ones here

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. I've re-run the line test now which is still clear, however the connection looks unstable. Is your connection also unstable since the throughput speed has dropped? Would you mind running a few wired speed tests using the TalkTalk Speed Tester please so we can see your recent results.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Both wired and wireless, tests will either start at 40mb and drop off immediately or they'll hover at 5mb, testing with a file download is showing 500kbps in between periods of dead connection.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Morning,

Can I just confirm, are you currently connected wired or wireless when the speeds are varying?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Upload speed has stabilised but download is all over the place now, it'll hit 65 and immediately drop to nothing to the point of causing video to buffer for minutes at a time & downloads to stop. I've tried numerous resets to no avail, and also heard that Sky have had service issues in the area tonight as well, ever since the work was done on the exchanges on Tuesday morning

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look ok. Could you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retest the connection again please as this will reset the session and can often increase the throughput speed and performance.

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @cwponty Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.