FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Wi Fi

Gibbons
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 8

Hello can anyone please help me.

I recently moved all my equipment & furniture into a different room and my wi fi speeds are absolutely abysmal very poor range.

I've changed my wi fi channels no success and there's no obstacles blocking my wifi in the way I don't understand the room I was previously in is further away from my hub downstairs / hallway and had a ok connection.

it's not like I'm miles away from the hub I'm looking directly at it over the banister and it struggles to load Netflix movies ect and play Spotify music very slow speeds I have the latest TalkTalk wi fi router and the coverage is very poor Is there any suggestions thank you much appreciated.

Can you check my router/hub is in working order my connection shouldn't be struggling like that.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Gibbons

Thank you for your kind words 🙂

Debbie

Message 2 of 8
Thank you Debbie much appreciated you are always very nice and helpful I will indeed.

Message 3 of 8

Hi Gibbons

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 8
If you think it would help yes please thank you Debbie.

Message 5 of 8

Hi Gibbons

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 8
Hello Debbie thanks for the advice I did what you said but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have made a difference I changed the name for WI-FI 2GHZ but 5GHZ won't allow me to change my name my internet permanently disconnects flashing red light.
I have to manually reset router back to the default.
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi Gibbons

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've checked and I can see that you are using the Sagemcom Wifi hub and this has the latest firmware version.

Have you tried splitting the SSID's? Split your router's SSID (wireless network name)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes