FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor broadband speed

dwillis
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

I'm currently on the 35-40 Mb/s fibre broadband plan. Due to the distance to the cabinet, I usually get about 21Mb/s. Recently this has plummeted to between 6 and 8 Mb/s downstream. Upstream speeds seem to be unaffected. Restarting the router and leaving it switched off for half an hour hasn't made any difference.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 8

Hi dwillis,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

An engineer has now been booked for this Tuesday.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi dwillis,

I'm sorry for the delay and thanks for confirming this. I've passed the drop in sync speed over to Openreach now for an external line investigation to be completed. We should receive an update back in the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Not noticed any issues with our voice service: got a dial tone and there's no noticeable noise.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 8

Hi dwillis,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? As soon as we confirm this then we can pass this over for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

SORTED!!! Eight days, four attempts at chatmail, two telephone calls, one lengthy conversation via text and numerous broken promises and turns out the answer is simple... Contact Sky, (they will pay any cancellation charges),  and hey presto I wake up to 18mbs. Good luck.

0 Likes

MikeF2505
First Timer
Message 7 of 8

Ditto. I’ve chatted to the “experts” four times and have been promised it will improve. It hasn’t!

0 Likes