FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor connection

thrudda
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 15

I'm having trouble with my broadband.

The router disconnected many times on Monday evening and night. Now the connection is a bit more stable but my upload rate is terrible and also I can hear noise on the phoneline.

Thanks in advance for the help.

14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

thrudda
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 15

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi

Just checked, an appointment has been made for 18th AM (8-1).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

thrudda
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 15

I was told to book an engineer visit. The webpage for this was a bit flaky and the "submit booking request" didn't seem to do anything. Tried on three different browsers. I'm trying to book a visit for 18th May from 08:00 - 13:00  or whenever the earliest date/time is.

Can someone book an engineer appointment for me, please? I mean I'm a computer programmer and know how to fill in a form on a webpage - it's just not working for me. I'd like the earliest possible appointment, whichever date/time that is. I agree to any charges etc. etc.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi

I've logged this back to Openreach for investigation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

thrudda
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 15

Thanks

Someone worked on the line on Monday, and the line looked and sounded great. But now I'm having the same issues again = noisy phone, low synch rates, disconnects.

Help! Help!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. After the initial investigation the line test was clear, however it is now showing an external line fault again so I've passed this straight back over to Openreach again now and have asked them to take another look at the external line. I will check this again on Wednesday for any updates on the fault.

Thanks

Message 8 of 15

Yes, still noisy.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hello,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is the noise still present since your last post?

Thanks

Message 10 of 15

I received an SMS saying that an engineer has done some repair work on my line. But I still get frequent disconnects and hear noise on the phone.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. I've raised this over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation. If you don't hear anymore in the next 48hrs then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

Message 12 of 15

Yes, I've tried that and hear noise in both cases.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Can I just confirm, is the noise present at the test socket with 2 different phones and with all other equipment removed from the line? As soon as we've confirmed this then we can pass this over to Openreach for further investigation.

Thanks

Divsec
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @thrudda your post has been escalated and you should hear back soon 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.