FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor evening speed.

Traxz
Participant
Message 33 of 33

My speed drops significantly after 6pm. 
the speed has been dropping slowly over the last 6 months. Now in the evening it’s usable for all family members together. We all need reliable broadband at this time especially if your not getting the guaranteed speed you are paying for. No help on live chat as it’s busy. Used Talktalk own speed test on their site and that’s saying poor. Tried the master plug test etc. Rebooted router. No help. 

32 REPLIES 32

Message 1 of 33

Do let us know how the service compares after you have switched. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 33
It’s ok. Due to the unexpected price rise ( fixed for contract) I’ve been able to leave with no termination charges. Therefore I’ll be using another provider. Thanks
0 Likes

Message 3 of 33

Hi Traxz,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to run a wired ping and trace route the next time this happens and also when the speeds are good so we can compare the results please?

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 33
There is the same demand there has always been more in the evening than day so it’s not my useage.. The issue is speed to the router. If I’m not getting speed to the router surely it’s a Talktalk issue. Although since I fitted the new Talktalk router I’m actually unable to do the test as it thinks my iPhone is a wired connection. We are only 3 adults using the internet as we always have. Not even gaming on it. If this post puts me to the back of the queue how am I to reply to you? Surely we should be able to use the internet both night and day.
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 33

Hi Traxz,

Our network team can't find any issues on the network that would cause the slow down in the evening. You said "Now in the evening it’s usable for all family members together" - is there a lot more demand on your Internet connection in the evening compared to through the day?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 33

Hi Traxz

Apologies for the delay (please note that each time you post you move your thread to the back of the queue)

I've logged this over to our network team to investigate, I'll let you know when I receive an update 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 33

It took 10 days for me to get attention at times this past year, @Traxz. Challenges from lockdown but also very little cover for staff absence seem to be slowing down the response time just now.

Chat remains open daily, from the link on this page, and phone will be available again from Monday:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

03451 720046

Otherwise please wait for staff to reach your thread. They are not on here over the weekend and posting again will have pushed your thread back a bit.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 33

Any idea when I’m supposed to get a reply. Still have problems. Sitting tight ( with no idea what’s going on) isn’t helping. Surely it shouldn’t take 10 days to get a reply from O C E. 

don’t really have much of a choice but to post again. 
At least let’s all agree that this method ( and Twitter ) is a poor way of communicating. 
I don’t know if my problem is being looked at. No idea when it will be solved. Or even if my posts are being read and acted upon by Talktalk. Frustrated is not the word. 
if the O C E have too much to handle then Talktalk need to look at another system or employ more staff. Luckily only have another week of this and then I can leave.  

0 Likes

Message 9 of 33

I have re-escalated this as I suspect it keeps getting pushed back in the queue by your own repeat posting. Sit tight until you get a further OCE reply.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 33

Hi Chris. Any news on the network engineer looking into my problem as per your reply. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 33

Still suffering from poor evening speeds. No help on here and no help on Twitter despite spending two hours talking (messages) with a Talktalk rep yesterday and doing all the tests etc for the 3rd time. Read my posts. The oce ask you a question. You reply but then get no further help. This has been going on for 3 weeks. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 33

By clicking the reply button. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 33

How?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 33

I’ve replied to Chris. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 33

The OCE do not generally respond to unsolicited messages, otherwise they would be overwhelmed. They will be back online tomorrow. If you can confirm as OCE Chris requested then he will pass it on as he said.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 33

No reply to my message sent to Michelle. Internet unusable last night. No phone use no streaming. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 33

The speed drops every evening. I’ve been trying to deal with this on Twitter but they message during the day when the speed is fine and so can’t see a fault. Others have said it maybe Talktalk not having enough bandwidth for evening traffic. I have no idea. Obviously once the speed to my router drops the WiFi speed drops. Ongoing problem for two weeks. I’ve not had replies to my messages on here so not sure where to go next. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 33

The speed drops every evening. I’ve been trying to deal with this on Twitter but they message during the day when the speed is fine and so can’t see a fault. Others have said it maybe Talktalk not having enough bandwidth for evening traffic. I have no idea. Obviously once the speed to my router drops the WiFi speed drops. Ongoing problem for two weeks. I’ve not had replies to my messages on here so not sure where to go next. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 33

Hi organic,

My reply was for Traxz. Can you please stick to your own thread as posting on someone else's thread can cause confusion 

Chris

Message 20 of 33

Hi

Are you replying to Traxz or organic ?

As I did a line speed last night about 8.30 PM and only got 5 Meg. 

I pulled the ethernet cable going to my NETGEAR AC2000 as most of my stuff is on its wifi before I did speed check on wifi.

Speed now is 70 fine will see what happens tonight.

It said my computer in sleep mode but its not as its quit a powerfull one. 

Organic

Screenshot 2021-02-11 202753.pngScreenshot 2021-02-11 203029.png

0 Likes