FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor evening speed.

Traxz
Participant
Message 33 of 33

My speed drops significantly after 6pm. 
the speed has been dropping slowly over the last 6 months. Now in the evening it’s usable for all family members together. We all need reliable broadband at this time especially if your not getting the guaranteed speed you are paying for. No help on live chat as it’s busy. Used Talktalk own speed test on their site and that’s saying poor. Tried the master plug test etc. Rebooted router. No help. 

32 REPLIES 32

Message 21 of 33

Hi Traxz,

Line test is clear and connection appears stable with a sync speed of 79.9Mbps. If the speed is still poor in the evening please let us know and we'll ask our network team to take a look

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 33

I will give it a day or so then I will do same as already looking a broadband from a competitor that said give me 63 meg download speed and cheaper than Talktalk as all week been below the guarantee speed.Screenshot 2021-02-08 202740.png

Message 23 of 33

This is becoming a joke. No help on here. Last got a message from Talktalk almost a week ago. 
ive emailed and opened an official complaint. They have 30 days to fix the fault then I can leave without a cancellation fee. Can’t wait. I’ll try another provider that actually deals with faults rather than directing you to community page or Twitter. 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 33

I feel the same as you ridiculous set up just being told notheing wrong mine down to 9 now.

Screenshot 2021-02-07 214112.png

Message 25 of 33

Down to 1mb WiFi speed tonight. This is becoming ridiculous. And this system of using Twitter and a community page to deal with faults is a terrible idea.

Csn talk talk just not let me go to another provider who has a useable system in place to deal with faults. 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 33

I’m using the Talktalk speed to router test. This drops in the evening sometimes to around 3mb. It’s fine in the day. I take a screen shot of all results good and bad. My devices are both wired and wireless. I’ve rebooted the router. 
Can’t get help via Twitter and after 45 minutes on the phone they detected no faults but this test was in the day when the speed is fine. 
Now as I’m writing this my speed to router is 5mb which is unusable and nowhere near my guaranteed 45mb and not as good as my daytime speed which can hit over 60mb. WiFi speed has dropped to less than 2mb. Not even good enough to stream using my wired connection. When the speed drops it effects both wired ( smart tv) and wireless. Can’t add photos as file isn’t supported. 

This seems to be a common problem as other have reported this. Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 27 of 33

Thanks. As an update I’ve spent a week with Talktalk on Twitter. They don’t seem to understand that when they test the speed in the day it’s fine. Also 45 minutes speaking to technical who don’t seem to get it’s the speed to the router not WiFi speed that’s the problem ( they suggested move devices closer to router like my TVs Xbox etc). Crazy. I’ll keep things updated on any solution. 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 33

Hi organic, I've replied to you in your thread.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

organic
Team Player
Message 29 of 33
Hi
I am in same boat as you with my speed at night.
Just letting you know you not by your self I will let you konw if they come back to me with an answer.
Organic

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 30 of 33

Hi Traxz,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks consistent. Just to confirm, when the speeds drop does this affect both wired and wireless? Is there any improvement in speed if you reboot the router? Were all the recent speed tests completed wired?

Thanks

Message 31 of 33

Try chat/phone tomorrow. Or wait for the support team here to respond. 

Traxz
Participant
Message 32 of 33

No reply from talk talk. Any ideas how to report a fault to them. Chat is not available.

problem is not solved. Text message reporting is not available. 

0 Likes