FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor fibre 65 service

jazzyman2012
Chat Champion
Message 7 of 7

Like so many others I have the same problem with my TalkTalk broadband service. It's been going on for months and it appears that the problem I am experiencing cannot be resolved. 

Sometimes the service works fine and reaches the correct speed. However, there are many days the service just doesn't work and requires a router reboot for the broadband connection to work. There are regular days when the broadband speeds drop drastically, which again can be resolved with a reboot of the router.

I cannot cope with this very poor service because it is so unreliable. I have been patient to try to find a solution unfortunately it appears that the problem cannot be fixed.

I believe that I can cancel my contract because the service is poor and the download speeds are not what was promised when I took my contract out.  Please could someone from TalkTalk customer service advise me on the procedure to cancel my contract because of the poor service?

My current download speed is 11.8 Mbps using the 63 Mbps fibre service.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Morning,

The line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property and the sync speed is varying. If all testing has been completed at the test socket with 2 different routers, cables and microfilters then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

jazzyman2012
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 7

Yes, a replacement router was sent out a few months ago.

Any news if the broadband service can be restored before I look into cancelling my contract? Today, the speeds have dropped even further now it's 8.4Mbps.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hi jazzyman2012

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, have we recently sent you a different router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Staff will be able to check all the issues, @jazzyman2012. Wait for their reply. 

There is an address given in the Talktalk Ts&Cs. Check clause 19.1.

The Ts&Cs are linked at the foot of any TT page. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

jazzyman2012
Chat Champion
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for your reply.

If you check back on my forum messages it can be clearly seen that this problem has been going on for months.

Unfortunately I am unable to telephone TalkTalk because I have a hearing problem which is noted on my TalkTalk records. Can the cancellation request be made by letter?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

You'd need to have given Talktalk a month after reporting the problem, @jazzyman2012.

Staff will look into this during the day. 

Any cancellation would need to be processed by phoning up Talktalk on 03451 720046 (9am-7pm Monday to Friday; till 6pm Saturdays).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes