FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor internet performance still after engineer visit - 4 months aniversary

Lucascamara
Popular Poster
Message 25 of 25

Hi,

I'm having a nightmare with Talktalk services. My problem is exactly the same described on the topic below:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Poor-internet-performance-still-after-engineer-v...

Since when I started with my Talktalk plan on 21st of September it never worked properly. The open reach engineer already came 5 times and the talktalk engineer came and said that the problem is external (openreach problem). Also I already replaced the router for a new one.

I really don't know what to do, because if I call talktalk they always book an engineer from open reach and it is not solving the problem.

Also I would lilke to be refunded for the 4 months but I cant, because talktalk always says that the compensation will be done after the problem is solved.

What can I do now?

Thanks

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi Lucascamara

I'm really sorry to hear this.

If you contact our Customer Service Team then they can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25
Hi Debbie,
The broadband was fixed after 4 months on 20th January 2019.
Now I'm having two problems:
- First: Talktalk is changing me on my next bill £65 for an Open Reach engineer that wasn't booked on 23th November 2018 and, according to Talktalk, is not necessary to be at home, because it is always an external job. So I want it removed from my next bill;
- Second: Since 21st September, my broadband wasn't working properly. The engineer that came here said that the previous tenant had the same problem. The problem was fixed on 20th January, so I want to be refunded from 21st September 2018 to 20th January 2019. I tried to call 03451720088 but the guy keeps saying the same thing, like a robot.
Could you look at this two issues for me, please?

Thanks,
Lucas Camara
0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hi Lucas

If you contact our Customer Service Team then they can discuss this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25
So if the issue is not fixed, I will never have my money back, it doesn’t look fair.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi Lucas

I've passed this fault back over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Our Customer Service Team can discuss your bill once this fault has been resolved.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25
You can pass this fault for the network team and refund me for the 4 months.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hi Lucas

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me pass this fault back to our Network Team for investigation or would you prefer to monitor the connection for a while longer?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25
0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Hi Lucas

Thanks for your reply. Can I also check which router you are currently using?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25
Wait to reconnect
0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Hi Lucas

The line test is clear and your line is in sync at 63.8mb.

When you experience the drops do you reboot the router or wait for it to re connect on its own?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

After the openreach engineer visit, the broadband is much better now. It dropped out only three times and the speed is good as well. I think it still needs some ajustments because it can’t drop out.

Now I would like to be refunded for the 4 months that the broadband wasn’t working.

Thanks,

Lucas

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

Hi Lucascamara

Apologies for this.

Please can you post back on this thread on Monday morning and we can then check the engineers notes following their investigations.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25
It is booked the sixth time visit from an Open Reach engineer for the next 72 hours. This will be the last change that you will have to fix the problem, otherwise I will cancel everything and get my money back.
0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Hi Lucascamara

I've contacted our Network Team in regards to this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

Sorry Lucascamara,

You'll just get taken round in circles

Called Talk Talk because thats all they do.

They get you contracted then provide time wasting chatters instead of a working connection.

They blame everyone but themselves.

Never again !

Message 17 of 25
The phone is working fine. The problem is external on the fibre.
0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Hi Lucascamara

We would need to confirm if there is currently a fault with the landline, we can then progress this fault for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25
Yes, I can, but it was tested by your engineer, so you probably have a report from him showing the results.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Hi Lucascamara

Thanks for your reply.

We would need to check if there is a fault with the landline as this will affect the BB connection.

Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes