FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port 80 Blocked - unable to issue and renew certificates

ChrisDeR
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hello, I have a webserver need to forward port 80 for issuing and renewing certificates. My Talktalk router (DG8041W) gives me this error message: The configured port conflicts with the internal service port.

I've spoken to customer support via chat and they have assured it is not blocked by Talktalk. What do I do? Is there a firmware fix I can upload?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 4

That is between the developers & TalkTalk, not me afraid. I told the developers of this problem via TalkTalk.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

ChrisDeR
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Hi Keith,

Appreciate the response. I wish it were that easy as I do not have control over the external port used by the service provider. They can only use port 80. Have the developers responded and mentioned any timeline?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

I drew this to the attention of the developers, but as yet there has been no new firmware.

You can as a workaround map an external port of say 6080 (totally random, but must be in excess of 1024) to an internal port 80.

Then you users can specify it in their URL like this:-

http://myddnsdomain.com:6080

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes