FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding 8080 on HG633 not allowed

pinkolefty
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

Hi, I've got port forwarding working on some other ports but need to port forward on 8080 and this is not allowed. Can anyone advise why this is and if there is any way to work around it? I can't change the port its coming in on to an allowed port like 8181 and mapping this internally to 8080, it has to come in on 8080 as far as I can tell. Is this a constraint of the HG633 router or some other reason? Do I need to swap the router with one which will allow 8080? Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6
Oops. It appears my syntax has inadvertedly generated a kissing emoticon in my reply, which whilst I'm very grateful for all of the help you're giving me, is definitely not the way I'd choose to express it. 🙂 If this generates a smiley emoticon, that was intended
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks Keith, 

Still no joy. I've set the port forwarding up with 18080 external, 8080 internal. I've checked that 8080 is open on the destination devices firewall (sudo ufw status - 8080 allow anywhere) and is listening on that port ( local address [::]:http-alt, foreign address [::]😘, State=Listen), however a port checker on 18080 says it is still closed. See screenshots

18080 redirect.PNG

18080Port Check.PNG

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

No problem, change the external ports to something else like this:-

External port  18080     18080

Internal Port      8080      8080

Protocol          TCP

Then whatever is trying to connect to the router from the internet will need to use something like this:-

myddnsdomain:18080

When using a port tester on the internet, test port 18080, not 8080.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Please see screenshot, thanks

8080 portforward error.PNG

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Please can you provide a screenshot of the error? Then I will come up with a workaround.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes