FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding on sagecom 5364 router

Gametimeuk
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi

So after setting up a port forward for a minecraft server using external ip and internal ip (which I won't list here due to security)

I have tried on the port numbers 21025

I have also set up these ports under the rules of both TCP and UDP under the same rule and separate rules and having no luck

Obviously I can't set up a static ip as this isnt allowed with the isp

I have used a number of port checking sites to see if they are open and all I get is closed 

I have even tried checking a playstation 4 and xbox one on their port forwarding presets via port checkers and they say the ports are closed even though they are online and working 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

You're very welcome.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Gametimeuk
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

@KeithFrench just want to say thank you for the help now things are working and appreciate the help

Message 3 of 7

@KeithFrench I will give this a try and see what results happen and update

The pc firewall I will check on the ports being allowed  and update

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

The external host is your problem, it should always be left at the default of an asterisk (*), otherwise, the only device that can connect to it from the internet is one whose IP address is 79.75.252.141.

However, that is not the only problem, you need a rule for TCP port 25565, which on a Windows PC, should be the only port you need to forward (note the external host below is set to *):-

Minecraft.png

Have you allowed this port through your PC's firewall, as that will need to be done as well?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

@KeithFrench i am hosting the server on a pc running windows 10

I will be changing my external ip so i dont mind showing this
Screenshot_1.png

i have also tried running them together under both TCP & UDP

as in terms of DHCP i havent tried that yet

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

I can help a lot with port forwarding problems. First, you need to either set a DHCP Reserved IP address for the device in question, so as the router always allocates your device the same IP address (not to be confused with the router having a static IP address from the network, that is handled by DDNS). Alternatively, configure a static IP address on the device itself outside of the routers DHCP IP address range. It is impossible to know what the problem is without seeing a screenshot of the port forwarding rule that you have used, if you want PM this to me & redact any personal information from the screenshot.

What sort of device is Minecraft being hosted on? If it is a Windows PC, have you allowed it through the Windows PC via an inbound rule?

Keith

0 Likes