FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding

robanfield
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

Hi to all, Could anyone give me a dummies guide to setting up port forwarding on Huwei DG8041W-2 T5. I have tried looking on the net but they seem to be for different router models than mine. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Regards,Rob

robanfield
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

This will work in the residential version of the Sagemcom, I have no idea on the Business version if you have to tie this up to the relevant static IP address (WAN link) coming in from the internet. I can tell you where to find all of the screens I have mentioned, but this will be for the residential, not the business firmware. I have tested the TCP side of port 5001 & it reports open in a port checking site such as:-

https://portchecker.co/ 

UDP ports will always report as closed, as port checking sites are only compatible with TCP, not UDP.

pf.png

Assuming you are sticking with the IP addresses you quoted before, I assume that you have configured those details on the slingbox. Make sure that the DHCP config on the router excludes .254 from its IP address range. Does the slingbox have its own firewall, if so you will need to allow an inbound rule there?

Let me know how you get on, if it still does not work, I might need to see some more screenshots from your router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

A bit more info, but beyond me.!

As to the setup, here is what needs to happen. Port 5678 needs to be opened for UDP for the initial session, and port 5001 needs to be opened for UDP and TCP as well for normal operation. Both ports need to be forwarded to the slingbox' s ip.

robanfield
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Keith, struggling to find info, but did find this.

Port: 5001/TCP
5001/TCP - Known port assignments (9 records found)
  • Service
    Details
    Source
  • link
    -
    IANA
  •  
    commplex-link (Unofficial)
    WIKI
  •  
    Slingbox and Slingplayer (Unofficial)

Others have said they set it for both?

I will keep looking. Cheers,Rob

robanfield
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi @robanfield 

Is port 5001 TCP or UDP? You'll have to consult your Slingbox documentation for this.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 5 of 7

Hi Keith, I am trying to set up an old Slingbox solo. It seems I have to set up port forwarding to use for internet viewing.

This the details,
IP Address: 192.168.1.254
Subnet mask: 255 255 255. 0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
Port 5001
I am not pc savvy but can follow instructions and not too thick.

Cheers,Rob
robanfield
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

I don't know about a dummies guide, but I can help you not just with the router, but the end to end scenario.

If you can please give me as much detail about what you want to achieve, then I should be able to help you.

Keith