FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 2.4Ghz wifi

thunder_bolt
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

I have the latest Sagem modem/router and have split the 5 and 2.4Ghz WiFi channels by renaming them. I try and keep the 5Ghz as free as possible as I use this for gaming. I have quite a number of home automated devices connected through the WiFi, possibly about 30 to 40, I have connected an older TalkTalk Huawei router to the main Sagem with its own SSID and connected as much as possible to that one. I have also separated the channels to 1 for the 2.4Ghz Sagem and 11 for the 2.4Ghz Huawei to minimise interference, they are also at different ends of the house.

so that’s my setup, everything works great apart from the 2.4Ghz SSID on the Sagem which lasts for a day then plays up. It appears to kick all the connected devices off, it is still visible but when I try and reconnect a device to it the device either fails to connect or states the password is wrong. If I reset the Sagem it works fine for a day. I am now resetting it each morning to avoid this issue.

i have recently performed a factory reset on the router but this didn’t help either. I read somewhere about TalkTalk doing some automated WiFi optimisation remotely and was wondering if this might be causing the issue. Can this be turned off to check?

otherwise I really like the router, however this issue has me wondering if a third party router might be worth investing in.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

I thought initially it may have, but the 2.4ghz is still having the same issue, hmmm very strange, any other ideas of what I could try?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi thunder_bolt,

OK, I've switched off optimisation, can you please monitor and let us know if there's any improvement 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Thanks Chris, totally understand. If you could, I will stop resetting the router each morning and see how things go, if it turns out that it isn’t that we can always have it re-enabled I guess.

thanks.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 7

Hi thunder_bolt,

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

We can try disabling wifi optimisation, to see if this is causing any problems, would you like to give this a try?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

No problem, that should be updated now, no hurry, I appreciate you will be rather busy at this time, so no hurry.

0 Likes

Taylerw
Enlightened One
Message 6 of 7

Hi @thunder_bolt I have passed this onto the team to help with this. Before we can look into your account please can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile so we can locate your details. Please do not post any personal info on here as it’s public.

We’re working through a very large queue with a reduced support team at the moment, so we really appreciate your patience 😊

0 Likes