FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Faster Fibre broadband issue

EdwardWong3090
Participant
Message 37 of 37

Hi, 

i have received the router two days ago becuase if an issue with my existing old router, but now i have a new router which improves the speed. however, the only thing that i cannot fix is my issue with my internet connection as it is saying check my home set up. 

I have tried swithcing it and unplugging it for 30 mins, and plug it back in following TT home set up guide for wifi Hubs. no change. i also replaced my old 10 metre BT Modem cable which was very old, and replaced with a new one 10 metre one, but wasnt sure if this would be an issue with improving the speed ? or shall i buy another bT RJ11-RJ45 modem cable that is 5metres so its better for the router to the main BT socket to improve issues with the internet stability conenciton ?

I have ran the service status in my account and it is still showing the message of check home set up , i also have a case opened in my acocunt? Was wondering if you can check for me how to get rid of this message and open case?

Shuold i buy a 5 metre BT rj11 cable which might help with slow internet conneciton ebcuas ei have a 10 metre one  or not?

Please help... the home service status message is just. becoming a nuiasence everytime i run live conneciton to check my broad band issues which is saying i still have a problem?

So the longer my standard telephone cable it is such as 10 metres, the weaker my speed will have on the line?

There is a porblem with my downstream noise which i ve monitored 4 days ago till today, realised it use to be 3 dba ubut it constantly drops through the day from 3.20> 2.60>2.10> 1.90 and then couple of minus later it dips bck up to 3.20dba downstrema noise, can you have a t look at this please?

The upstream noise is still at 6.10 DBa better then the downstream noise which is probs having a significatn impact ont he internet line speed when watching videos etc?

TravelEd90
0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36

Message 1 of 37

Hi EdwardWong3090,

Line test is clear and your router sync speed both up and down stream are within the predicted range for your line

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 37

Sorry for the late response.

When running tests, i leave 2-3 mins before testing the line . 

I have experience buffering but like only 2-3 secs and then it starts streaming videos and netflix.

My upload speed is abit slow now and i havent switched it off for the last 24 hours since last week. is there any way to improve the upload speed or do.i need to arrange an engineer to come and have a look at the line?

Thanks

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Message 3 of 37

Hi EdwardWong3090

Thanks for your reply.

When you are running speed tests, do you allow a couple of minutes in between running each test?

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 23.2mb. Has the performance of the connection been ok, have you experiencing any buffering etc?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 37

The connection seems to be ok now, everytime i run speed test, it seems there is a problem with the speed fluctuations like it gives me 24.7mbps and upload is 3.6mbps, sometimes it goes to 23.6mbps and upload speed is like 2.6 mbps. i have tried this both wired and wireless speed test and not sure if its something  the engineer needs looking at ? I dont feel like booking an engineer yet to have a look at the line, the BT socket seems fine and no damage whatsoever. i dont feel comfortable being charged if they found no fault within the property . 

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Message 5 of 37

Hi EdwardWong3090

Thanks for confirming your details.

It appears that the TalkTalk engineer visit has already been cancelled.

Is the connection working ok now?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 37

Hi EdwardWong3090

To cancel the TalkTalk engineer visit I will need to send you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can arrange this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 37

ok thanks, sorry for everything. 

I have an appointment for  tuesday 9th march between  7am-9am, can i cancel it ?

Is my connection stable then ? 

thanks

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Message 8 of 37

Hi EdwardWong3090

I can now connect to your router and I can confirm that your router has the latest firmware update.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 37

i have reseted the router and can access this now, are you able to help update my router firmware for the latest security and firmware fix ?

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Message 10 of 37

Hi EdwardWong3090

I need to be able to connect to your router so I can check/update the firmware version.

Did you complete the pin hole reset this morning as I'm still unable to connect to your router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 37

I have a brightsparks appointment booked for tuesday 9th between 7am-9am, can i change that appointment to Friday 12th March between 7am-9am?

Also could you help me if my connection is stable or not? 

Also update the router firmware as i logged in to my router settings but the graphics and words are misplaced  ?

Thanks.

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Message 12 of 37

hi, 

I done it but i need to update the firmware on my router please? thanks

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Message 13 of 37

Hi EdwardWong3090

I can't connect to your router at the moment, apologies for this.

Please can you factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds, I can then try and connect again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 37

Hi, 

It doesnt seem there is noise on the line when i use my home telephone. 

I recieved my new router yesterday and ive logged in to the router and needs updating to the latest firmware, could you possibly have at look at this now to update it? I am plugged in to my mastersocket it seems ok when i run speed test.

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Message 15 of 37

Hi Edward,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection does look unstable. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 37

Hi, 

Yes it was a message with the message Talktalk service centre but it has gone now as yesterday i had to re fix my home set up and it worked. 

now am having some issues with ym connections.. spoke to another member of the social media team, a few weeks ago was went a replacement router as my old one was having issues with speed and wifi issues. They sent me a replacement and then today another social media team have idetnfied that the replacement router was 7 months old and am still having internet connection issues still. Sometimes it disconnects and have to try logging in to the router and reset the Gateway which worked but its annoying sometimes that internet connection is still an ongoing problem. I am booked for an engineer to come next week but i wanted to monitor a few more days .This was the 1st replacement router since my old one didnt work, they have placed another one outsame mmake and model but a new one. So hopefully it woorks. 

i also have a problem with ym donwstream noise margin, whats the best line for it ? my downstream noises goes from 3.00dba to 1.80 sometimes and my upstream is kept at 6.20dba noise margin, is there an issue with the line thats cuasing my interent discconeciton sometimes and internet. issue?

Thanks

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Message 17 of 37

Hi EdwardWong3090

I'm sorry for the delay.

Can I just check, is the connection speed/performance ok? Is this issue just with the message in the Service Centre.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 37

I am running live conenction to just test that i have a good healthy broadband. Upon running the test and after it says issue with my network affecting the phone line.

I replaced the 10metre telephone modem cable with a 5 metre, could this ne 5 metre telephone cable affecting issues with the TT network affecting to my phone line?

I feel like replacing it back to the 10 metre to  get a good healthy broadband connection?

Thanks,

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Message 19 of 37
I'd just follow the instructions in the installation guide, WPS is the easiest way to set it up, but you don't have to use WPS, you can configure it manually if you want to, full details are in the installation guide.

Message 20 of 37

Ok Cheers. One problem is that for the new wifi extender should i register it before pressing WPS button on the router so it knows what it is?

I dont want to keep messaging TT social media too much i feel like am bugging them too much with silly quesitons.

TravelEd90
0 Likes