FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with download speed after upgrade

hellogreg
Team Player
Message 45 of 45

After upgrading I was promised a minimum guaranteed download speed of 65 mb, however this evening after getting home I struggle to get between 5-7 down but can get 16-18 up. My router us a Huawei HG633 and when I checked the upstream line rate is 19999 and the downstream line rate is 79650. My daughter who was checking during the day and was getting speeds down between 22-27 down and 16-18 up

44 REPLIES 44

Message 1 of 45

I swear to god you couldn't make this *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* up. After being told on this forum that I would be contacted by talk talk and then after a good few days if anyone knew when I would be contacted, I got an email today saying that I was contacted already and that ad I hadn't responded in 28 days the matter is now closed. This is a shocking way to treat customers. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 45

Hi does anyone know how I'm to be contacted and what the definition of as soon as possible is because at this stage I can only assume that it's by carrier pigeon which may not know where I live .......

0 Likes

Message 3 of 45

Again thank you for all you are doing to help its much appreciated.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 45

Hi hellogreg,

I've raised this over as a complaint to our Tech Team now and have requested that you are contacted as soon as possible.

Thanks

Message 5 of 45

Yes please

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 45

Hi hellogreg,

I'm really sorry that you haven't been contacted. Would you like me to raise this as a complaint and for someone from our Tech Complaints Team to contact you directly?

Thanks

Message 7 of 45

Hi Michelle I wonder have you heard back from the network team yet as I haven't. At this stage I think I've had just about enough of being messed about, this has been going on too long with as far as I'm concerned. I am now looking at other potential ISP's for the service that talktalk have so far failed to deliver.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 45

Hi hellogreg,

Thanks for confirming. I've passed this over now to our Network Team and will let you know as soon as I hear back. It's possible that our Network Team may also try and make contact with you directly.

Thanks

Message 9 of 45

Yes speeds are grand during the day and early evening. Thanks ....

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 45

Hi hellogreg,

I'll need to pass this back to our Network Team. Can I just confirm, are the speeds still ok during the day?

Thanks

Message 11 of 45

ok I ran a few wired speeds tests tonight using my laptop and the talktalk speed checker which was the only device connected at the times of testing the last result was at 23:15 hours and I got 14 mb down and 17 up so no real change. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 45
I'll do that tonight and let you know
0 Likes

Message 13 of 45

Hi

Can you run a fresh wired (not wifi) speed test today so we can see how things are performing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 14 of 45

These were over WiFi, however in all the times  over the past few weeks I have ran tests over both the difference had been negligible.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 45

Hi hellogreg,

Can I just confirm, was this a wired or wireless speed test?

Thanks

Message 16 of 45

Hi all I was able to get 15 down during the problem times the past couple of nights which is a slight improvement.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 45

Hi hellogreg,

Ok thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

Message 18 of 45

I'm on night shift and hope to run tests on sun/Mon night.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 45

Hi hellogreg,

Just checking in to see how the speeds have been?

Thanks

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 45

Hi hellogreg,

Our Network Team have made a change. Would you mind retesting the speeds this evening and letting us know if there are any improvement please?

Thanks