FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with upgrade of Fibre 35 to Fibre 65

jazzyman2012
Chat Champion
Message 20 of 20

My current contract was coming to an end so I decided to renew from the Fibre 35 to Fibre 65, looks like it's a big mistake. Previously the Fibre 35 was rock solid with the new router fitted a few months ago, now the new Fibre 65 cuts out regularly a few times a day with no internet and then comes back on. Or the speed drops significantly to 1 Mbps which requires a router reboot to bring back the full speed, which then is only slightly higher than the Fibre 35 speed.

The changeover took place four days ago so I would have thought that the new service would have settled down by now. Tried the online service check and no problems reported and one of the speed tests is displaying no difference in the speed from the 35 to 65 packages.

Not very happy paying more for a service which is not stable. How long should I wait before the service functions properly?  I do have 20 days to cancel and I am now considering this option if this poor service continues. Looks like I am not alone with an unstable service on the Fibre 65 going by other forum posts.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've a test on the line now which is clear, however the connection does look unstable. Did this only happen after re-connecting the faceplate again? Was the connection stable at the test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

jazzyman2012
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 20

Problem has returned. Keep loosing the internet connection which requires a reboot on the router to get things working again. it's gone off around 3 times in 1 hour. Please could you check for a problem or advise for a solution?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi jazzyman2012

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

For the last few days the internet connection has been fine although the router is still connected to the test socket, so I am not sure if the problem was to do with the phone socket or there was a problem with the line which has now been resolved. I will keep the router connected to the test socket for around a week and then try putting the faceplate back on to see if the problem returns.

Message 5 of 20

Hi jazzyman

Thanks for your reply.

The outage is no longer showing linked to the line. I've completed a further line test which hasn't detected any faults.

There were around 5 re connections on the line yesterday and your line is in sync at 46.2mb.

Have you recently tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Just connected this morning to the test socket 19/1/21. I presume that the voice service you are referring to is the telephone this is very rarely used, so I am unable to confirm if this is affected, I will check when the internet goes off next time. You mention that "that there is currently an outage linked to your line" is this an Open Reach problem? have they been notified of the problem?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 20

Hi jazzyman,

Thanks for the update. Can I just confirm, was this just connected to the test socket now or for a few days? I can see that there is currently an outage linked to your line which is under investigation. Just to confirm, is your voice service affected?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

The router is now connected directly to the test socket. Please could you do a line check again? There have been a few issues over the last few days of the internet going off, usually the router light goes orange when the problem occurs. Today, the router light remained blue with no internet connection a reboot of the router restored the internet connection.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Does your master socket look like the below? If it does have a test socket then would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket so we can see how the stability compares please?

Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Thank you,

I have not rebooted the router 5 times on those dates, so what could be the cause of this connection dropping? Next time it goes off I will check the router lights and report back.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi jazzyman2012,

Line history shows no reconnections yesterday but 5 on the 10th and 5 on the 11th, so if you didn't reboot the router 5 times on each of those days then the connection must be dropping (which you confirmed it is doing in your first post)

There should only be one light on your router. It should be steady white if the router is in sync and connected, have you noticed if it changes colour when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Thank you for your concern.

What do you mean with " that you are getting reconnections every day" is this when I have to reboot the router to get the internet back? or do you mean this happening several times a day?

Not sure which light I should be checking on the router?  the last time I had a problem one of the lights were flashing orange continuously (no internet). The router is always connected into the main master socket.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi jazzyman2012,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service again 

Line test is passing but I can see that you are getting reconnections every day. Does the light change on your router when the connection drops? Is your router still connected to your Test Socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Please could the line be checked again.  The same problem which happened a few weeks ago has returned. That fault was rectified and the service became stable again. Now the internet keeps stopping and requires a reboot to get it working again, this is now happening on a daily basis.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi jazzyman2012

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Seems to be more stable at the moment, although it is a bit early to confirm if the problem's been resolved.  The download speed is now averaging 37Mbps, please could you check my account to find what fibre service I am on?  I cancelled the Fibre 65 upgrade a few days ago and I was told I could not go back on the Fibre 35 service unless I took out a new contract. My account is currently set to close on the 7/1/21.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 20

Hi jazzyman,

I've re-run the line test which is now clear. Just to confirm, has anything changed since your last post? Can I just confirm, do you mean that the router is connected to the test socket behind the faceplate? Do you still have an alternative router that you can test with just to rule this out before arranging an engineer visit.

Thanks

Message 18 of 20

Yes, router is permanently connected and turned on. Please go ahead and arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit, if access to the property is needed please let me know in advance.  Thank you

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 20

Hi jazzyman2012

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes