FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REQUIRE ADVICE ON POTENTIAL CONTRACT RENEWAL

MISCHKASMUM1
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

I'm due to renew my contract within days. At present I'm on Faster Fibre with a speed boost, so get around 75 mb/s. Although this is pretty good, I'd prefer the Fibre 150, but apparently that's not for existing customers. Why? Having said that, if it transpired that it isn't actually available in my area (can't get clarification because it keeps spinning me back to "upgrades available" when I input my address), if I renewed my contract say over 18/24 months and the Fibre 150 became available in my area, would I be able to change mid-contract?

It just seems that years of loyalty to Talktalk gets kicked into touch when new stuff appears on the horizon. We've to make do with same old, whilst the newbies walk straight in and get the benefits, which I consider grossly unfair.

Any assistance will be much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hi MISCHKASMUM1 

I have checked your account and Fibre 150 is not available through us at this time. The only packages available is fibre 65 and 35.  But  to confirm when it becomes available you would be able to switch mid contract via our loyalty team on 03451720046

Hope that helps.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

OK, well you will do best to contact customer services as I said earlier to check if it is available to you. You could try Live chat just now, click here, otherwise the phonelines will be open from 9:00am tomorrow, 0345 172 0046. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

REPLYING TO BOTH FERGUSON AND MARTSWAIN

I didn't realise there WERE two versions! I'd prefer Fibre 150 (g.fast) because I still use my landline although mostly for incoming calls. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Just to add to @ferguson 's post, confusingly, there are two different Fibre 150 offerings.

The first, Fibre 150 (g.fast) still comes over the phone line and is only available from fibre cabinets that have been upgraded by Openreach. You can still have a phone handset connected if you wish.

Fibre 150 - Data Only is provided over a fibre optic cable directly into your home. Not all areas have been cabled as yet and even when Openreach have the infrastructure in place, TT often do not sell the product immediately. You do not have any sort of phone service with this product.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Which version of Fibre 150 do you mean? Have you checked with customer services what options are available to you?

0 Likes