FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RING Door Bell & IP Phone blocked - TT Update caused DNS errors

vistuerj
First Timer
Message 15 of 15

My Fibre Router was updated lastnight and now my RING Doorbell and Camera including my IP Phone no longer connect to the internet, how to I solve this issues??

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi vistuerj,,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that you've managed to get it sorted

Chris

0 Likes

vistuerj
First Timer
Message 2 of 15

Hi yes sorted, did a reset of the router within the settings and then lowered the Firewall to 'Low' which permitted access for SIP. Not sure why this changed 2 days ago, TT must have issued an update that change Firewall setting which may have by default been set to 'High' protection.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi vistuerj,

How are you getting on, have you tried switching the router off for 30 minutes?

Chris

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 15

@vistuerj , I never said DLM was anything to do with the camera and phone problems !

However any rapid on/off/on can be seen as a disconnection and recorded by DLM as such, too many and DLM may change your profile.

0 Likes

vistuerj
First Timer
Message 5 of 15

Don't understand how DLM is at fault here?

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 15

@vistuerj  a 30 second off/on does not clear the connection session whereas a full 30 minutes does.

Also, rapid on/off/on can be seen as a fault disconnection and DLM may adjust your speeds downwards.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi vistuerj,

Switching the router off for 30 minutes forces the start of a new session, switching it off for 30 seconds wont do this

Chris

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 15

@vistuerj  if the router update has removed any personalised settings that you previously input such as port forwarding, then staff here will not be able to restore your router to its previous state.

You will have to consult the documentation for the door bell and IP phone and add the appropriate settings in the router configuration pages.

If you have previously saved the configuration file to a backup drive, then restoring that may get you back to where you want to be, however you do that at your own risk

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Sorry Chris what difference does it make switching it off for 30 seconds versus 30 mins?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi vistuerj

Thanks for updating your profile. Can you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

vistuerj
First Timer
Message 11 of 15

Done details added

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 15

Hi,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

vistuerj
First Timer
Message 13 of 15

I've completed my profile, to add I've looked at my devices and they need specific FW config to work. I suspect TT has updated the router and removed config which is now causing issues with any telephony as my IP phone is not working now my work Phone is not working so maybe SIP rules need to be added back in.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes