FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rain

Barney34
Chatterbox
Message 16 of 16

Every time it rains the Internet goes off for a few seconds then comes back on again, phone line is fine there a dial tone. What can be done about this as it been going on a while now but it more affecting us because we have a smart tv and can’t watch / stops playing while we watching program( which is annoying)

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Barney34

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

I've checked the engineers notes and they have advised that work was completed at the copper overhead network - Dropwire Pole.

Hopefully this work will resolve the intermittent fault. Please let us know how you get on.

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 16

Hi

glad to hear Openreach have replaced the old line.  Please let us know what happens when it rains. Knowing our weather, you should not have to wait too long 🙂

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Barney34
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 16

Openreach just been and put a new phone line into the house because it was the old flat grey stuff and it has perished, just waiting for the rain test now, excellent service from the lads at openreach 

Message 4 of 16

Hi Barney34

Thank you 🙂

I have also left full notes for the engineer about the fault only occurring when it rains.

Debbie

0 Likes

Barney34
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 16

Thankyou, will do

Message 6 of 16

Hi Barney34

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the Openreach engineer visit for tomorrow 29/06 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi Barney34

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Barney34
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 16

Yes please as this fault has been going on for years but obviously now we have a smart tv it is effecting us more

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Barney34

Thanks for your reply.

Ok I've completed 2 different line tests and they are both clear - No faults detected.

Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit and add notes to say that this fault appears to be weather related?

0 Likes

Barney34
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 16

It’s not raining at the minute, but it did go off at 12.50pm when it was raining,, Scarborough 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi Barney34

Thanks for your reply.

Is it raining at the moment where you are? Just checking before I run my line tests.

0 Likes

Barney34
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 16

No the line seems fine

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 16

Hi Barney34

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, are you experiencing any noise on the line when making calls? (crackling)

0 Likes

Barney34
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 16

My router has a white light on it but when it starts to rain heavy it goes off the eventually it starts flashing red then comes back to white again, I’ve done a line check and all is fine

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @Barney34,

Does the router actually lose its connection, or does the router remain connected (what do the light(s) do on the router) ?

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

The Support Team here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

0 Likes