FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Speeds. 4th time trying to sort this

richyrich6
Chat Champion
Message 68 of 68

I have had issues with speed since moved to fibre.each time spend hrs checking lines with talktalk (which is a waste of time) then open reach come out and say they cant make it better as the cables under the ground are old and long.

We go through the summer fine then bad weather  (especially wet weather ) comes and the issues start. Router needs resetting regularly , or very slow speeds sometimes getting limited to 6mbs needing unlocking by open reach.

This has just started happening again, firstly the speed rose from my normal 16-18mbs up to 30ish. but some days dome to less than one and other times any speed up to 30. this is on my laptop, wired pc and my iphone. I dont want to go through the rigmarole of checking lines etc again as we know there is a cable issue (or that is what is eluded to each time i get visited by open reach)

Any ideas what I can do to sort this once and for all. I pay good money for this service and rely on it for many reasone.

Please help

0 Likes
67 REPLIES 67

Message 1 of 68

Hi richyrich6

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 68

Hi all

Engineer visited (typically the speed was up). He looked at stuff , changed the master socket (4th time) and replaced the brand new router cable.

Couldnt find anything wrong with my set up or systems. 

Said to monitor and let someone know if it does it again..

Anyway all working fine at the moment , fingers crossed but not expecting miracles.

Thanks for all your help.

Watch this space....

0 Likes

Message 3 of 68

Hi richyrich6

The engineer visit has been arranged for Thursday 10th Jan 9:00 – 12:00

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 68

Hi richyrich6

Thanks for the Private Message.

I've passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 68

Hi richyrich6

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 68

yes please. anything to get this working properly

0 Likes

Message 7 of 68

Hi richyrich6 

Our Network Team have been unable to detect any faults and they have suggested arranging a TalkTalk engineer visit.

Would you like us to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 68

Hi richyrich6 

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 68

Tests made last night both wireless and wired were up over 30mbs working fine.

Although whilst watching tv on her phone during the day my wife reported half a dozen short disconnects which could be relevant

0 Likes

Message 10 of 68

Thankyou 

Will do

Was 38 at reset this morning now down to 28

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 11 of 68

OK thanks, I've passed this over to our network team for further investigation. If possible could you run a couple more speed tests this evening on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router. Can you also bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates 

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 68

it was wireless

0 Likes

Message 13 of 68

Was the 1.5Mbps speed test result on a wireless connection?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 68

just once this morning not at all yesterday, speed just reduced all day

0 Likes

Message 15 of 68

Hi richyrich6,

Thanks for the updates, line history shows quite a lot of reconnections yesterday, did you only reboot the router the once?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 68

Monday 6.30am

Not enough speed to connect this morning.

shut down router and restarted

Now 38mbs

0 Likes

Message 17 of 68

sunday night update

speed down to11 this afternoon

Now 9pm and down to 1.5

Will have to shut down router to get speed back AGAIN.......

I cant keep paying for a service i am not getting..

0 Likes

Message 18 of 68

Update

Speed seems To have been steady for a while now , up over 30 whenever testing

Latest Issue , email disconnecting regularly to phones and pc.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 68
0 Likes

Message 20 of 68

OK Will do

just tested 20mbs then turned router off and on again. after 15mins got internet access now have 35mbs

Will update speed later

0 Likes