FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Speeds. 4th time trying to sort this

richyrich6
Chat Champion
Message 68 of 68

I have had issues with speed since moved to fibre.each time spend hrs checking lines with talktalk (which is a waste of time) then open reach come out and say they cant make it better as the cables under the ground are old and long.

We go through the summer fine then bad weather  (especially wet weather ) comes and the issues start. Router needs resetting regularly , or very slow speeds sometimes getting limited to 6mbs needing unlocking by open reach.

This has just started happening again, firstly the speed rose from my normal 16-18mbs up to 30ish. but some days dome to less than one and other times any speed up to 30. this is on my laptop, wired pc and my iphone. I dont want to go through the rigmarole of checking lines etc again as we know there is a cable issue (or that is what is eluded to each time i get visited by open reach)

Any ideas what I can do to sort this once and for all. I pay good money for this service and rely on it for many reasone.

Please help

0 Likes
67 REPLIES 67

Message 41 of 68

Hi richyrich6,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. The connection did look unstable, however it now looks stable for just over 48hrs. How have you found the stability since your last post.

Is the voice service also ok with no noise on the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 42 of 68

Hi Guys 

Me again... Speeds been great most of the time but now down to 16 -20 ish rather than 35.

Also keeps dropping out whilst watching Netflix for example, requiring total reset then goes again for a bit.

Any words of wisdom as to why this may be.

When working it is great , couldnt wish for more ... BUT

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 43 of 68

Hi richyrich6,

I've ordered the HG633, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

(There are details about contacting your loyalty team here)

Thanks

Chris

Message 44 of 68

Hi

I just tried using chat to see if i can get a router, but as usual got a load of stupid questions thrown at me then told i wont be able to get one. Which is what i expected from chat...

So please can i have an hg633 which if the bt guys are right will solve my issues.

For info ( when the next one blows up) how do i get hold of the loyalty team.

Thankyou so much for all of your help (and the others who have helped too)

This is a far superior , helpful and friendly way to deal with issues.

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 45 of 68

Hi Rich,

We only have the option of sending a 3782 or a HG633. If it is specifically a wifi hub that you're considering then I'd recommend contacting our Loyalty Team to see if there are any deals available.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 46 of 68

Hi

I have HG633, the 3rd one following 2 of the other type.

Perhaps I should have another one to keep me going over christmas and prove the fault is repaired completely

These are obviously rubbish tho .... How do I go about getting a wifi hub

Cheers 

Rich

0 Likes

Message 47 of 68

Hi richyrich6,

Thanks for the update. Just to confirm, which router are you using at the moment? We can't send a wifi hub via the Community, however we can send a HG633 or a 3782 router.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 48 of 68

Hi debbie

Bt guys have been and tested everything. They have just replaced our main cable last week and claim this may be the issue while stuff sorts itself out... It is working at the moment although rather slowly.

They say I need one of the new routers you supply now as the one I have is not functioning properly and as I have had 3 of them in the last year or so a new wifi hub is what i require.

Can you get me one of these so i can get back on line properly.

Many thanks for your help so far

0 Likes

Message 49 of 68

Hi richyrich6 

BT Openreach have advised that an engineer appointment has been scheduled for 18/12/2018 AM (8am - 1pm)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 50 of 68

Hi richyrich6 

Apologies for the delay.

I've contacted our Network Team for an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 51 of 68

Hi 

Any updates, Really struggling without steady speeds.drops out totally sometimes now, requiring resetting router to get going again.

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 52 of 68

Hi richyrich6 

Our Network Team have contacted BT Openreach who have advised that the engineer was unable to look at the fault on Tuesday, apologies for this.

BT Openreach have advised that an engineer should be working on this fault this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 53 of 68

Hi richyrich6 

Apologies for the delay.

I've requested an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 54 of 68

Sorry to keep chasing but any news ?

Down to 0.5 mbs at the moment. Not very good value for money , also losing out of film subscriptions too..

0 Likes

Message 55 of 68

Hi richyrich6,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've received an update to advise that an engineer will be looking at the fault today.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 56 of 68

Hi richyrich6,

I've just requested an update from our Network Team now and will let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 57 of 68

Any news ?

0 Likes

Message 58 of 68

Hi richyrich6,

You're welcome 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 59 of 68

Thanks for your help

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 60 of 68

Hi richyrich6,

I've received an update back to advise that the fault has been passed to BTOR for further investigation. We should have a further update within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes