FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Speeds. 4th time trying to sort this

richyrich6
Chat Champion
Message 68 of 68

I have had issues with speed since moved to fibre.each time spend hrs checking lines with talktalk (which is a waste of time) then open reach come out and say they cant make it better as the cables under the ground are old and long.

We go through the summer fine then bad weather  (especially wet weather ) comes and the issues start. Router needs resetting regularly , or very slow speeds sometimes getting limited to 6mbs needing unlocking by open reach.

This has just started happening again, firstly the speed rose from my normal 16-18mbs up to 30ish. but some days dome to less than one and other times any speed up to 30. this is on my laptop, wired pc and my iphone. I dont want to go through the rigmarole of checking lines etc again as we know there is a cable issue (or that is what is eluded to each time i get visited by open reach)

Any ideas what I can do to sort this once and for all. I pay good money for this service and rely on it for many reasone.

Please help

0 Likes
67 REPLIES 67

Message 61 of 68

Hi richyrich6,

I've requested an update now and will let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 62 of 68

Thankyou so much

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 63 of 68

Hi richyrich6

Thanks for your reply.

I've raised this over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 64 of 68

Hi 

I have tested with 3 same and different routers, had the master socket replaced and moved within the house. tested in test socket with desktop ,laptop,iphone etc.

see attached often tested when faulty , 

0 Likes

Message 65 of 68

Hi richyrich6

Thanks for your reply.

If you have tested with a different router, cable and filter at the test socket then I can raise this over to our Network Team for investigation. We can also mention that this fault may be weather related.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 66 of 68

Hi

Thanks for reply. Not noticed any issue with Landline. Certainly not at the moment.

Speed up to 32 today. As low as 0.4 yesterday

Always seems to be in wet weather (maybe just a red herring ...)

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 67 of 68

Hi richyrich6 

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is showing a possible fault. Is the landline service working ok when making calls? (any noise)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes