FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving less than 3mbps speed as againest 61mpbs promissed speed.

bsnanna
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Hi, 

I am Talktalk user since about 8moths. My internet speed was good (about 60mpbs) but suddenly it dropped to less than 30mbps on 16th of Apr and then next day it was  less than 3mbps. Since than I am getting speed of  less than 3mbps. Its about 20days now still getting same (less than 3mbps) speed. 

Contacted talktalk customer care many times about 8 Agents did line test, router rest and all they can test (all did same) but nothing happened/unable to find the problem. New router was also of no help. Even 3 engineers visited, no one cant find any issue in line or at home. Openreach engineer visited and checked the line and router and said talktalk might have put a cap on the speed or might have regulated the speed. 

Checking with talktalk team again say, there is issues at your home. Did try all the settings which they provided online and sent through SMS. But nothing helped. 

Its sad that, I was told to leave Talktalk but they will provide service until new provider takes over. 

Today I was checking "Run a live connection test" it says "We suspect an issue with your broadband" and "Oops, it looks like there's been a technical issue :-(". 

Dont know if there is line issue, why cant they accepect it as it might be visible for them, instead of pusing everying on customer and saying you have issue at home. 

(phone no: XXXXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS)

Nanna
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi bsnanna

I've checked your first post but I can't see where you have confirmed if you have run a wired speed test?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hello Chris, 

Hope you have seen my 1st post. There were about 8 agents who made me to do all test which are there in your process and 2 engineers also checked on their devices but no difference. Even openreach engineer said everything is perfect and told talktalk might have put a limit on speed. So all test what your are going to suggest is done.

Thank you

Regards

Nanna

Nanna
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi bsnanna,

Line test isn't picking up any issues and your router is in sync at 57.1Mbps, Have you run all the speed tests on the same device? Are you running the speed tests on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Because you posted on Friday evening and the OCE are generally not online at weekends. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Why no reply? 

Nanna
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hello Debbie,

I have done that but still its the same issue.

And did talk with the technical team and they raised their hands and can't help further on it.

And reminded me about right to cancel option. 

I have one request can you please provide me with audio recordings of sales team who sold the plan to me at first. It was in the month of Aug 2020. Everyday writing email to concerns team but not getting any reply.

Nanna
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi bsnanna

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 57mb.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

@bsnanna, I've removed your phone number from public display. You should never post personal information on the open forum pages. 

The forum staff should be able to identify your account details if your community forum profile details have been completed. Check that these are up to date by going via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email", choose Personal Information. 

Save changes. 

Please wait for staff to reach your thread. It is in a queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.