FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently upgraded my fibre package and have sporadic speed issues since

Dave S1
Participant
Message 27 of 27

Hi, I upgraded from an older fibre package to Fibre 65 at the end of last month, but since swapping over to the new router, my internet has been very sporadic ranging anything from 0.9 mbps download (reminds me of the old dial up!) to around 47 mbps with uploads speeds of 5 to 7.2 mbps, this is the same for either a wifi or, a hard-wired connection. The sync speed   shown on the new router is over 50 mbps down and 6.75 up. It has shown higher speeds but this is a rough average. I have turned the router off twice over the last 9 days for 30 mins so I can basically work from home. This normally works for about 9 hours, then the connections goes up and down again.  I seem to be having to reset the internet connection frequently to get some sort of a workable connection.

When I plugged the old router back in, recheck the speeds etc all seems to be fine both on wifi and the hard-wired (40 mbps and 7.2 upload).

I have chatted to the live chat twice now who have acknowledged and seen the issues etc but until the ‘training period’ is completed, nothing much else they can do until after this time and all checks on the router and line all seems to be fine!

On looking at the chat forums I can see that some people have had their firmware upgraded to v1.06t which rectified their sporadic speed issues, so wondered if this may help me?

Any assistance or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Dave

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Dave S1
Participant
Message 21 of 27

Thanks for your reply @Chris-TalkTalk 

Thought that I responded earlier sorry, no it dropped down further, ran at test at 0745 and the download showed 2.5 mbps and 6.1 mbps for the upload. Had to restart the internet connection which will last probably up til 8/9 pm tonight. Currant result is down 46.5 and 6 up with the router showing down 51.26 and up 6.66

Many thanks

Dave

0 Likes

Message 22 of 27

Hi Dave,

Line test is showing a sync speed of 50.8Mbps, are you still seeing a sync speed of 12Mbps?

Chris

0 Likes

Dave S1
Participant
Message 23 of 27

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

Morning Michelle,

Thank you for your reply, currently the EchoLife DG8041W Home Gateway is plugged in, sync speed shows 12 mbps down and 5.98 up. The old router is a sagemcom FAST5364 3.00 software SG4K10002816t

Many thanks

Dave

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 24 of 27

Hello,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. What is the make and model of the original router? Which router is connected at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Dave S1
Participant
Message 25 of 27

Hi @Skynet_TX 

Thanks for the reply, other way round for the router myself, the sagemcom one TT did send as part of the upgrade package, needless to say the speed has now dropped! so will leave it be for tonight and will check again in the morning. Sync speed still shows on my router as 50 mbps and up 6.75 but the test results shows 8 down and 6.5 up.

Have a good evening and again thank you

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 26 of 27

Hi @Dave S1,

If restarting the router is giving you stable throughput speeds for a decent period of time, but then they start to degrade, that may indicate some sort of problem with the router itself. The staff here will be able to pick this up tomorrow to help, if they did think the router was faulty they would be able to arrange a replacement, or if they think the later firmware may help then they would be able to push that firmware to your router.

I'm assuming you have the Huawei Wi-Fi Hub (seeing as you mentioned firmware v1.06t), I did experience some sporadic speed issues when I tried that hub, the sync would be fine (40mbps), but then after a day or so the throughput would just drop to 5 or 6mbps and a reboot was required to get the speeds back up, so I'm currently using the other type of hub (the Sagemcom) which seems to behave better for me.

0 Likes