FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release of phone number

speuk1
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

Hi

My contract ends on the 24th October 2021 and I am switching to another provider. However the new provider tells me that Talktalk have blocked my number being released. Please can you release my number so it can be transferred over on or after 24th October.

Many thanks

Simon

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Ask the new provider to take your number, That will start the transfer process. 

0 Likes

speuk1
Team Player
Message 2 of 6

Can you confirm if you have placed a Tag (Broadband marker) on the line? If so are you zbke to remove it or will the new provider have to request BT Wholesale remove it?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi thanks for the response. I haven't placed an order yet as the new provider, John Lewis Broadband (Plusnet) say they cannot see details of my existing line as it "is locked to TT" 

Oddly I just tried the Plusnet site direct and it says I can keep my number so clearly something wrong with their JL branded website!

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi speuk1

Who is your new provider?  they need to request the line, have you asked us to cancel the current line, that would be the only reason that would happen as a cease would stop a takeover. 

I cant see any request to take your line? 

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @speuk1 Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes