FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed Contract, Ungraded to Faster Boost Fibre but not getting anywhere near 66.8 Guaranteed Speed

RazzOne
Whizz Kid
Message 72 of 72

Hi OCE's

Can you look into my Fibre Speed please as I am not getting the Minimum Guaranteed Speed of 66.8Mbs.

I renewed my contract yesterday and got the Fibre Speed boost as a deal but speed tests reveal around 40Mbs Download and just under 9Mbs upload. I have switched my router off several times but still no difference. I have also checked the connection speed in the router admin but this is showing as: Upstream as 19239 (kbit/s) and Downstream as 61077 (kbit/s) but I certainly am not getting that internally.

I am performing the test on a Hard Wired PC with Ethernet Cable and just so you know I literally live across the street from the fibre cabinet and copper cabinet!

Hope to hear from you soon

Ry 🙂

0 Likes
71 REPLIES 71

Message 1 of 72

Hi Ry,

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 72

Hi Guys

Just to let you OpenWorld Engineer has just left and the speed is up to:

Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 20000
Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 70355

Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s): 20132
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s): 88040

So at the moment we are over the Minimum Guaranteed speed of 66.8.  So hopefully it stays above.

Thanks for everything we got there in the end. I will keep monitoring to ensure it stays above the minimum then report back probably for the last time.

Cheers

Ry

0 Likes

Message 3 of 72

Hi Ry

The engineer visit has been arranged for 06/06 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 72

Hi Ry

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have passed your availability over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 72

Hi Ry

Apologies for this.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 72

Hi Guys

I've tried new router and old router both connected to test socket and still it will not reach the minimum guaranteed 66.8 connection speed so I think its time for an engineers visit.

Cheers

Ry

0 Likes

Message 7 of 72

OK, thanks for the update 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 72

Just a quick update guys.

My router is now downstairs connected to maintenance socket with below speeds. I will leave it for a few days then get beck in touch.

Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 17346
Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 61429
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s): 17346
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s): 88304

Cheers

Ry
0 Likes

Message 9 of 72
0 Likes

Message 10 of 72

Hi Chris

I think I will first move my router downstairs to improve the WIFI and see if this improved the sync speed because it will eliminate the extension into my cubbyhole. I am not holding my breath though because I have also tried the router plugged directly into the maintenance socket and sync speeds were the same.

Once I have moved my router I'll be back in touch.

Thanks for all your help

Cheers

Ry

0 Likes

Message 11 of 72

Hi RazzOne,

We can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. Would you like us to do this? If you would then we'll just need to confirm some details with you

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 72

Hi Michelle

Stability seems ok and performance as expected for the current 'slower' sync speed of:

Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 54707....... I was getting around 61500

Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 16808............ I was getting around 19000

This is significantly slower not slightly slower, wouldn't you agree?

The only thing I can see the engineers have done is somehow lower both MAX Upstream and Downstream which has in turn lowered the SYNC Speed.  So there action has had the opposite affect of what we were trying to achieve!

Also just to add, this was supposed to be an unattended visit by BT Openreach but i have not seen any engineers at either cabinet.

Cheers

Ry

0 Likes

Message 13 of 72

Hi RazzOne,

Our Network Team have advised that the line test is now clear and that the current sync speed is slightly below the guaranteed speed. How is the performance of the connection at the moment? The next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 72

Hi RazzOne,

I've requested an update on the fault now. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check this again for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 72

@Chris-TalkTalk wrote:

Our network team have confirmed that this has now been logged to Openreach as a non-appointed task, we should have an update within 72 hours so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

Sorry I forgot yesterday to give you a bump so here is one today: BUMP 🙂

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 72

Hi RazzOne,

Great, thank you 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 72

That's great Chris I really appreciate it.

I will be back in touch on Monday

👽

0 Likes

Message 18 of 72

Our network team have confirmed that this has now been logged to Openreach as a non-appointed task, we should have an update within 72 hours so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 72

Thanks for the bump, I'm chasing this up with our network team, I'll let you know when I have an update

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 72

@Chris-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi RazzOne,

I've raised this to our network team. Can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

Just giving you a bump like you asked.

Please keep me updated

P.S. If the engineers foresee router reboots, is it possible they can avoid the following times?

06:30 - 06:40

09:30 - 09:40

12:30 - 12:40

15:30 - 15:40

18:30 - 18:40

21:30 - 21:40

00:30 - 00:40

If they cant avoid these times then I will disable my app that runs at those times

Cheers

Ry

0 Likes