FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed Contract, Ungraded to Faster Boost Fibre but not getting anywhere near 66.8 Guaranteed Speed

RazzOne
Whizz Kid
Message 72 of 72

Hi OCE's

Can you look into my Fibre Speed please as I am not getting the Minimum Guaranteed Speed of 66.8Mbs.

I renewed my contract yesterday and got the Fibre Speed boost as a deal but speed tests reveal around 40Mbs Download and just under 9Mbs upload. I have switched my router off several times but still no difference. I have also checked the connection speed in the router admin but this is showing as: Upstream as 19239 (kbit/s) and Downstream as 61077 (kbit/s) but I certainly am not getting that internally.

I am performing the test on a Hard Wired PC with Ethernet Cable and just so you know I literally live across the street from the fibre cabinet and copper cabinet!

Hope to hear from you soon

Ry 🙂

0 Likes
71 REPLIES 71

Message 41 of 72

Hi Ry,

Ok thanks. I've re-checked the connection stats and I can see that the sync speed has increased slightly since your last post so it looks like DLM may still be optimising the connection at the moment. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 42 of 72

Hi Michelle

Please see attached for Speed History

I will fit the leads later today.

Cheers

Ry

Speed History.jpg

0 Likes

Message 43 of 72

Hi Ry,

It would be worth trying the new cables and microfilter just to rule this out. What are your current wired throughput speeds at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 44 of 72

Hi Michelle

I only fitted the New Router and Power Supply!

If you want I will fit the phone cable and Micro Filters? Not holding my breath though 😉

Cheers

Ry

0 Likes

Message 45 of 72

Hi Ry,

Apologies for the confusion, did you also change the cables and microfilter when you connected the new router? What wired throughput speeds are you receiving at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 46 of 72

Hi Debbie

The way its configured means its always connected to the test socket.

If you intend performing any changes/tests which will disrupt my connection can you avoid the below times for around 5 mins at each of the time intervals?

06:30

09:30
12:30

15:30

16:00

18:30

21:30

00:30

Another thing is, it would seem the new router hasn't really made a difference so should I refit my old one or leave the new one in place for now?

Thanks again 😉

Ry

0 Likes

Message 47 of 72

Hi Ry,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Is the router still connected to the test socket? Are you also using the new cables and microfilter that came with the replacement router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 48 of 72

Hi Debbie

Just a quick update. The Replacement Router has been fitted since Friday and the only difference in the Synchronised Speed as of Saturday is the Upstream speed has increased. The Downstream is still under the recommended.  See Below:

Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 18488

Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 60905
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s): 18469
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s): 88308

You will remember I talked about the upstream speed while speed testing was/is only around 10Mb, well, I thought a speed test from my sons would be a good idea and on his the upstream is just over 16Mb. Don't know what would cause my PC to throttle the upstream! Do you have any ideas?

So the only thing you need to sort at your end is the Downstream Sync Speed.

Cheers

Ry

0 Likes

Message 49 of 72

Hi Ry

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 50 of 72

Thanks for all your support on this Debbie

😉

0 Likes

Message 51 of 72

Hi Ry

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection/speed compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 52 of 72

Hi Debbie

Yes if you think that will help.

Cheers

Ry

0 Likes

Message 53 of 72

Hi Ry

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 54 of 72

Hi Michelle

Sorry no I don't.

Ry

0 Likes

Message 55 of 72

Hi Ry,

Just to confirm, do you have a different router that you could test with?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 56 of 72

Hi Debbie

The download sync speed is still low at 60.6mb and also when I run a speed test I only get around 10mb at best upload even though its synced at 19.3mb so that also needs looking at.

Thanks Again

Ry 🙂

0 Likes

Message 57 of 72

Hi Ry

Ok no problem, we can check the connection stats again on Wednesday.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 58 of 72

Hi Debbie

I'll leave it a few days to see how it pans out then I'll get back in touch probably Wednesday

😊

0 Likes

Message 59 of 72

Hi Ry

I can raise this over to our Network Team for investigation or would you prefer to monitor the connection for a while longer to see if DLM increases the sync speed any further?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 60 of 72

Hi Debbie

Yes currently connected at the test socket?

Nipping out for an hour though

Cheers

Ry

0 Likes