FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated dropped connection

ElDavo85
Participant
Message 22 of 22

My Internet keeps going off, the router seems to reset itself, blinks orange a few times then comes back on, this happens multiple times a day! So far customer service have been useless, ITS NOT THE WIFI!, up until a month ago there was no issue, set up hasn't changed! 

D Griffiths
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi ElDavo85

No problem. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ElDavo85
Participant
Message 2 of 22

OK thank you 

D Griffiths

Message 3 of 22

Hi ElDavo85

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ElDavo85
Participant
Message 4 of 22

Yes if it means avoiding a charge

D Griffiths
0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Hi ElDavo85

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

ElDavo85
Participant
Message 6 of 22

So if the problem is with the router I could get charged? How is that fair? Its not my fault the equipment supplied is not up to the task! 

D Griffiths
0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Hi ElDavo85

In regards to potential engineer charges, more information can be found here Engineer charges

If the engineer attends and finds the fault to be with your own equipment or internal wiring then engineer charges can be applied.

If the fault is with Openreach maintained equipment then no charges should be applied.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ElDavo85
Participant
Message 8 of 22

The router is where it has always been

I'm happy for an engineer to come out as long as I don't have to pay for it as its not my fault its not working 

D Griffiths
0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Hi ElDavo85

I've completed another line test which has detected a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Would you like me to arrange an engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ElDavo85
Participant
Message 10 of 22

The lights go off then flash orange and eventually back to solid white 

D Griffiths
0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test again now which is currently clear and I can't see any re-connections on the line. Just to confirm, do any of the lights change on the router when the connection drops?

Thanks

0 Likes

ElDavo85
Participant
Message 12 of 22

No, as of yesterday afternoon it started dropping connection again! 

D Griffiths
0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Has the stability also improved since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Sau Kan
First Timer
Message 14 of 22

My WiFi keeps dropping out today Sunday since midday. It’s been working fine for 3 months. What is going? Someone please advise. I work from home and have online meeting calls everyday 6am.

Sau Kan
0 Likes

ElDavo85
Participant
Message 15 of 22

Land-line is fine, it hasn't had a problem since Thursday now, don't know why it's stopped 

D Griffiths
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 16 of 22

Do you have a landline phone ?, if so can you hear any noise / crackles on the line, as that can also be good evidence for the engineer to listen to.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 17 of 22

I totally understand your point, I've been in exactly the same situation quite recently. @Karl-TalkTalk will have run tests using Openreach's own testing tools, and it sounds like those tools have detected a copper joint impairment. However if TalkTalk call an Openreach engineer out and the engineer can't find any problem with your line then Openreach will charge TalkTalk for the call out, so TalkTalk have to reserve the right to pass some of that charge onto the customer. If they didn't do this then people could request an Openreach call out when there wasn't really a problem and TalkTalk would keep getting charged for the callouts by Openreach.

So you will need to accept the possibility of a charge, however if your line really does have a fault then you will not get charged anything.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

So you are saying there is a problem that needs and engineer, bu if the engineer can't find the problem I will get charged? How is that fair? 

D Griffiths
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 19 of 22

Hi @ElDavo85,

If the fault has been detected on a section of line near the house, the engineer will want to come when you are home, as they may need access to your property, even if the fault is not within your house they may need to test the line from your master phone socket.

The potential engineer charges are listed here, so for an Openreach engineer the maximum potential charge is £65, but this would only be charged if the engineer came out and no fault was found. As long as the engineer can detect a fault on the external line then there is no charge.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend to arrange an engineer, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you still need them.

0 Likes

ElDavo85
Participant
Message 20 of 22

Well if they don't have to come in the house does it matter what day? And i hope I'm not expected to pay for this? 

D Griffiths
0 Likes