FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Router

pauldnb
Team Player
Message 14 of 14

Hello, 

We had a Storm couple days back and ever since my Router just keeps dropping connection, I have tried the Service Center to check my line but it tells me to come back later due to an issue.

I have the HG633 since 2015 I believe and it got me thinking is it possible to send out a new replacement being at home more and having a family we use the Internet daily for everything so its beginning to annoy most of us now.

not sure whatelse to say about this problem, it seems to have slowed down with disconnects but the more it disconnects I am losing download/upload speeds

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi pauldnb,

I've ordered another router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

I had an SMS today saying there is a malfunction in the router and are telling me to get a replacement, my connection has gone back to normal, but the new router I was posted out has stopped working and I had to reconnect the old one (HG633) just so I could message here cause its just constantly orange flashing light at me I left it on for over an hour and it still wasnt able to connect to Internet.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi pauldnb,

Thanks for answering the quesitons, I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14
Yep I accept the charges, also AM would be better suited for me, although I will be in all of the week anyway so either but I prefer AM. thanks.

just an update my connection has started disconnecting tonight happened 3 times in 30mins
0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi pauldnb,

If you'd like us to book the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14
Yeah connected to test socket, I am free next week so that might be a good idea to call out an Engineer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi pauldnb

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 30mb. The line test is also detecting a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is the router connected at the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi, 

i did everything that was asked and its showing as being connected the past 4 days, but in Service Center the Wed-Sat was connected at 28Mbps which is well under the guaranteed speed I should be getting.

I will keep monitoring in hope it gets better

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi

If not done already, power off router for 30 minutes.  This allows a new session to start, then leave the router on at all times and we can see if DLM changes over the next 72 hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14
Hey, new router is working great now, is there anything I can do to increase the speed or do I need to wait 10/14 days to see if it stabilizes by itself I lost around 10mb/s from all the disconnects.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14
Thanks for the speedy reply, will see how I get on once it arrives
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi

I'll get a router out and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes