FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement router

Barbon
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi, I have been with talktalk now for a number of years & have recently taken a new contract on the 65 fibre tariff. I still have the original router, which is a number of years old now & I would like to know if would be entitled to a new router as my current one is no longer capable of giving me a strong & reliable WiFi connection throughout the house.

Many thanks for any help. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Barbon

I have ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 8

Hi have reset router, my current router is

Huawei HG633

Hardware version H. 1. 01

Thanks 

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 8

Hi Barbon,

Thank you. I'm currently unable to connect to your router at the moment. Which router are you currently using? Could you try factory resetting the router and then letting us know once this has been completed please and we can try this again.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8

Have updated my details, 

Thanks 

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 8

Hi Barbon,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the reply, 

Have tried the suggested changes already but as stated in my first post as the router is now a good number of years old I believe it needs replacing. 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Barbon ,

TalkTalk don't sent out a new router automatically when you upgrade package, unless the router you had was not compatible with the package you were upgrading to.

However if you are experiencing issues with your current router the staff here will be able to take a look, and if they feel a replacement is necessary they would be able to arrange that for you.

If you are experiencing issues with Wi-Fi signal strength and/or range then it is possible it might just be Wi-Fi interference (i.e. your neighbours may have a router broadcasting on the same, or similar, channel to yours).

There are a few things you could try to see if it is Wi-Fi interference causing the problems.

Split the SSID's on the router, this will allow you to give the 2.4GHz and 5GHz network bands different names, so your Wi-Fi devices will then see those two networks separately, you can then try connecting to one or the other to see if one gives a more reliable connection than the other. Doing this in itself won’t fix the problem, but it makes it easier to troubleshoot as you can easily see what device is using what band.

Change the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

If trying the above makes no difference then it may indicate an issue with the router, the staff here would be able to help with that, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.