FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for firmware upgrade for DSL-3782 Router

ConcernedCustomer
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 19

Hi, I have been using a different (slower) router for a while now while waiting for this upgrade. I have seen other threads where people have had their routers firmware upgraded manually. I would like this for my router please.

Thanks

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi ConcernedCustomer 

No problem 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Thank you for your help really appreciate it

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi ConcernedCustomer 

Thank you 🙂 I have now updated your router firmware version.

Debbie

Message 4 of 19

Hi, Had it turned off until now, Will be available for rest of day

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi ConcernedCustomer 

I'm still unable to connect to your router, could you try the pin hole reset on the new router please?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

I just got the router, it's still on 1.08t firmware

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi ConcernedCustomer 

The DSL3782 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know once this router is connected and we can check the firmware version.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Yes please send a replacement

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi ConcernedCustomer 

Apologies I'm still unable to connect.

I can send a replacement DSL3782 if you would like me to arrange this?

It would also be worth checking that TR069 is enabled in the router settings?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Okay I have reset, I am sure I did it correctly both times

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi ConcernedCustomer 

Apologies I'm still unable to connect.

Could you try this again, ensuring you hold the reset button for a full ten seconds?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Oh sorry, I have reset it now.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi ConcernedCustomer 

I'm still unable to connect to your router, did you factory reset the router for ten seconds? (pin hole reset)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi, I wasn't online until just now, I will be online for the rest of the day.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi ConcernedCustomer 

Apologies for the delay.

I'm unable to connect to your router, please can you factory reset your router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds, I can then try and connect to your router again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

The only one I know about is the WPA2 KRAK vulnerability that was sorted in this release (sorry forgot about that). The VPN fix is the main one though. I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 17 of 19

There is a security flaw that has been solved in the latest firmware. I also need to use a VPN which the old firmware has issues with

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

What problems are you having with the DSL-3782, as the firmware only addresses one issue?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?