FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Router Firmware Update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

Been with TalkTalk for a few years and been using the Sagemcom Fast 5364 for this time. Everything was working fine and my router was on the most recent firmware, however once my package was upgraded to fibre my router failed to successfully sync with any NTP server and would not receive an internet connection because of this.

I have been sent a replacement of the same model by TalkTalk and the firmware is a much older version. I am unable to set any static IP addresses on the device and it will not save names of certain devices for some reason.

I'd like to request a firmware update in the hope these issues can be resolved.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi jhigley66

Could you try this in a different browser?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 11

Hi,

I am receiving the same error message as before when attempting to reply to your private message.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi jhigley66

I have sent you a PM, are you able to reply to my message?

Thanks  

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 11

Hi Debbie,

For some reason I am getting an error that I have reached my limit for sending private messages on here, despite having never sent a private message before?

The information posted previously is from the management interface of the router, checking the device on the service centre gives me this:

About Your Router

Our health check was unable to identify the router you have connected or its software version.

This usually occurs with a third-party router but can sometimes happen when a TalkTalk router is being used.

If your service is working fine, there's no need to contact us. If not, we’d suggest speaking to one of our team.

I do have the serial number but would rather not post it on an open forum

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi jhigley66

Can you see this in service centre or in the router settings?

Please can you send me a Private Message with the serial number from the back of the router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 11

Hi Debbie,

That is not showing on this side. I restarted the router just to make sure and everything is still the same. Although now some, not all of my settings have reset such as the LED status and all device names have now reverted back to default.

Please see the attached file for confirmation

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi jhigley66

I've checked and the firmware version is showing 2816t

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 11

Hardware Version: FAST5364 3.00
Software Version:   SG4K10001400t
GUI Version:             1.152.6

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi jhigley66

Can I just check, which firmware version is showing?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Anonymous,

If you have only connected the router in the last day or two then you will probably find the firmware will auto update overnight very soon (as long as you leave the router on 24/7).

Staff here will be able to pick this post up tomorrow and ensure everything is ok, and if the router is still behind with versions they will be able to update it for you. But it should just happen automatically within a day or two of setting it up.