FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Hub Admin Password Problem.

wolfie138
Team Player
Message 14 of 14

Hi all.

Fibre65 is up and running 🙂

one issue - i have reset my wifi name and password but my admin login password change is failing. as per the help page i went to 192.168.1.1, and changed the wifi stuff, then went to change the admin password. the old password was prefilled, i typed a new one and it said "old or new password is wrong" [or similar wording]. i tried again and logged out, and when i try to log in again it wouldn't accept my new password or the one that's printed on the back of the router that i used initially. i stuck a pin in the reset hole, reloaded, and it's still refusing to accept either password ~ could someone look into this so i can get back into my settings etc please?

TIA

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi

There's always one device that gets away from us 🙂

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

hi,

sorry, totally missed this. connection if fine thanks, no DNS issues.

i am still baffled about devices though. i've just looked now and there's a device using my 2.4 connection, and i can't figure out what it is. Service Centre says the device sometimes struggles to connect due to coverage 😕 

how do i block this device until i can suss what it is?

EDIT: hah, found it - my work phone. totally forgot it was left on to charge 😄

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi wolfie138,

How is your connection running at the moment, are you experiencing any DNS issues?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14
i replied to this, but my message isn't showing 😕
i changed both primary and secondary in the Wifi Hub --> DNS section.

cheers
0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi wolfie,

Ok thanks for confirming. Was this primary and secondary DNS settings?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

i had a load of DNS issues a year or so ago and people on another tech wesite suggested changing it to another one which i've also seen mentioned on other sites. i don't suppose it matters, i was just replicating my old set-up on the new hub. mainly, i was unsure why there were two places for setting the DNS and why they didn't sync as suggested they should.

edit - thanks for the tip about service centre.

cheers

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 14

Hi wolfie,

Is there any specific reason that you're changing the DNS settings? Are you experiencing any issues with the connection? If you go to Service Centre then this will show what devices are currently connected to the line.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

It hasn't. i changed it under the Hub settings but the settings under Internet Connectivity still show the old ones. it's set to "obtain DNS auomatically", should i change that to "Manually enter"? which is it actually using, the one on the Hub page or this one?

it's also telling me i have two devices connected, on on 2.4Ghz and one on 2.5Ghz ~ how to i identify the devices? my last router showed you the MAC numbers.

TIA

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi wolfie138

It should change both.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

yes thanks, got my wifi name etc redone.

while we're talking about settings etc though, i'm looking at changing the DNS - the help doc says

managed advanced settings -> Wifi Hub -> DNS tab

but there's also a DNS settings option on the Internet Connectivity page ~ if i change one, will it change the other, or should i change both?

TIA

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi wolfie138

Is this still working ok?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14
Much obliged bud, got it sorted 🙂

paulshent
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

suggest you pin hole reset again. But hold the pin in long enough for the router to flash a light to say it is done.  The power off and on. Should then be ok.  Hold button in for at least 15 seconds.