FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning and cancelling broadband

Quickswitch79
Team Player
Message 17 of 17

Hi there

I posted a few days ago re upgrading my Superfast Fibre and Line Rental package to the Fibre65 deal. Thanks for your help, it was all sorted out.

However unfortunately, the speed and reliability is actually worse even though I was told it would be better. For example, I Shareplay on my PS5. It always works fine, but as soon as I switched to the Fibre 65 deal it keeps cutting out due to poor network. I also noticed the download speed for games dropped to around 25mbps. It was always around 50mbps before.

Unless there is a product that is 100% guaranteed to be better then unfortunately I'm going to have to cancel and look elsewhere.

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Thanks Debbie, but I don't think it'll make any difference tbh. BT are offering 100Mps download speed for £5 more, so I'll give that a go. They said they'd take care of closing/transferring my TalkTalk account.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Quickswitch79

Are you sure you don't want us to send a router for testing?

Message 3 of 17

I tried the test socket and ran a speed test, no change.

20220218_123924 (1).jpgCapture.PNG

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi Quickswitch79

If you remove the lower section of the faceplate then there should be a test socket under there, have you checked this?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

There isn't, just the one socket where the wire is plugged in. Thanks for trying, but I have decided to switch to BT.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Quickswitch79

There should be a test socket underneath the face plate.

Would it be possible to connect the router, phone and filter at the test socket?

I can send you a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Michelle

It looks like this:

20220218_081619 (2).jpg

There is only this router unfortunately.

Thanks, John.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hello,

Can I just confirm, does the main socket look like one of the below? Do you also have an alternative router that you can test with?

Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

0 Likes

Quickswitch79
Team Player
Message 9 of 17

No it doesn't unfortunately, just the main one to plug into. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hello,

Thanks for trying this. The wired speed test also looks low based upon the sync speed. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Michelle

Sorry for the delay. I have the ethernet cable plugged into the laptop and this is the result.

Quickswitch79_0-1645038685455.png

This may temporarily go up to 50Mbps, but will then drop down again.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Morning,

Would it be possible to run a few speed tests with the laptop connected wired just so we can confirm if this is solely related to the wireless please? We can then offer more advice on the wireless connection if the wired speeds are ok.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Thanks Chris. We (me and my girlfriend) don't have anything connected. We only use it for stuff like Netflix etc  and my Xbox Series X and PS5, with the very odd use of a laptop for 30 minutes. 

Is there a way to "decongest" the WiFi channels?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Quickswitch79,

Line test is passing and your router is in sync at 51.6Mbps but all local wi-fi channels appear to be congested. Do you experience speed drops on devices connected to your router by Ethernet cable?

Chris

Message 15 of 17

Hi Michelle. 

Thanks for your reply. I'm actually at work at the moment, but will be back around 18:15. The broadband is downstairs whilst the PS5 is upstairs. I already had a booster device which I have synced to the new device. This has previously ensure a solid connection. I also adjusted my PS5 so it would only accept 5GHZ and not 2.4GHZ.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 17

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to take a look at the connection for you? Are you connected wired or wireless when this happens?

Thanks

0 Likes