FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roamler tech installation ?

mcr99
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

hello, i'm forum newbie, so be gentle.

date is mon 31/05/21 - in 2 days time i get a "visit" from a Roamler tech engineer to install my fibre35 router, all organised by talktalk.

i think i'm on FTTC , not FTTP.

the line has been switched by openreach, so i'm already connected live to fibre.

So my question is :-

1, has anyone heard of Roamler tech - i've tried google search and found zero answers ?

2. if i can plug in the new router (which arrives the day before via Yodel) in myself, assuming i'm fttc (so no drilling, no new fibre socket), what purpose will i need an engineer ?

i'm shielding because of the pandemic, so not keen on people being in the house.

i'm capable of running all the necessary service status tests myself.

any answers before wednesday will be greatly appreciated ...

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

As ferguson advises, service centre will update.  For now, your router is showing on the correct firmware.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

The Service Centre only updates daily for router information, it should be OK tomorrow. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

hi Michelle

evertything seems peachy, i have 35mbps, but when i run the system connection test from the service status page, i get a message saying the connection is healthy but i need updates & when i check the router, my old model is still  listed.

i'm aware that the new routers download their firmware updates automatically, but could you perhaps send one down just to kickstart it.

thank you for your help.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hello,

Ok thanks for the update. How is the connection? Is everything ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

hi Michelle, thanks for the reply.

i cancelled for the above reason ^.

but i was curious as to what exactly they would be doing, seeing as connecting the equipment is fairly straight-forward as directed by the instruction booklet, & i can run the system test from the service status section on the website.

(incidently, i only booked the appointment in the first place because that was the only way i would be offered a router upgrade !! )

thanks Vince.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 10

Hi,

Apologies for the delay. I can confirm that we are working with Roamler as part of a trial for in home technicians. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

You can try Live chat today, or possibly phone also, I am not sure if the lines are open on Bank Holidays, or not. 0345 172 0046. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Thank you for your quick reply.

Update: I've just read a post about talktalk engineer charges & a "home tune-up" costs £40 & a "speedy install" costs £50 - neither of which I require.

Will I have to phone customer services on tuesday to cancel ?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Never heard of them, or the fact that TalkTalk use them, but it looks legit enough: https://www.roamler.com/en/tech

If you are already on a fibre circuit then I cannot see any reason for a managed install, especially if you are uneasy at the prospect of someone entering your home. I would imagine that they have to take precautions though. It is hard to say whether the support team here will be able to respond before Wednesday as they will have a bit of a backlog after the holiday weekend. 

0 Likes